2021 Headliners

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The 2021 lineup should be something to witness. I’d imagine that most of this year’s acts would at least be asked if they wanted to come back, obviously not all will but I’d wager plenty will want to. Then you have the acts who were planning to be active in 2021 too, there are already rumours that big hitters like Arctic Monkeys and Coldplay will be touring next year.

I’d expect to see strong lineups across the board next summer.

If there was ever a fourth day of main stage acts, next year would be the one.

How did the last financial crash impact on touring? Cant say I remember. I imagine scaled back rather than loss making like this year will be.

Going to be loads of artists looking to make up for lost revenue plus the currently inactive bands getting back on it. Add in less disposable income knocking around. Promoters and venues will be desperate for a profitable year and wont want to spread themselves too thin.

A week is long time currently, hard to imagine what next year looks like.

11 hours ago, august1 said:

How did the last financial crash impact on touring? Cant say I remember. I imagine scaled back rather than loss making like this year will be.

it didn't really effect it at all.

Possibly in world terms there might have been a slightly lower punter spend , but I doubt there was a single band anywhere who was thinking their tour earnings were down because of the financial crash.

I reckon we'll get at least 1 (Taylor Swift being the most likely in my eyes), possibly 2, and an unlikely but slim chance of all three headlining next year.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

18 minutes ago, tomfestival_11 said:

Did Emily say that the 2021 Headliners were booked already? what happens now, do they just start fresh or literally move the 2020 lineup to the 2021.

Nothing will be signed on the dotted line at this stage.

14 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The 2021 lineup should be something to witness. I’d imagine that most of this year’s acts would at least be asked if they wanted to come back, obviously not all will but I’d wager plenty will want to. Then you have the acts who were planning to be active in 2021 too, there are already rumours that big hitters like Arctic Monkeys and Coldplay will be touring next year.

I’d expect to see strong lineups across the board next summer.

Surely most touring in 2020 will extend their tour by a year to 2021 and then also new acts like Monkeys etc will be touring too. More acts than ever, could mean some really stacked lineups i'd think. Reckon winter touring will be busy too this winter

Friday: The 1975                  Saturday: Arctic Monkeys                 Sunday: Taylor Swift

Lana Del Rey              Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds                Lewis Capaldi

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mttJ said:

Friday: The 1975                  Saturday: Arctic Monkeys                 Sunday: Taylor Swift

Lana Del Rey              Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds                Lewis Capaldi

Why people is taking for granted that Taylor will remain as headliner and Kendrick not? Kendrick is going to release new material plus if his tour in Europe is cancel this year as the festivals start to cancel he will come back next year anyway to perform his new music

2 hours ago, mttJ said:

It's my 1st guess as headliners, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Noel didn't play if he's not under Macca anymore, that was probably his whole point in doing it to be playing such a prestigious slot before him. I'm going to go with what you have but LDR, Dua Lipa and Capaldi as I really think an Other stage slot would be carnage and she could well have blown up a lot since.