2021 Headliners

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

What you think is your opinion but what he is, is a rapper. There may be hip hop influences but in that genre that regularly happens, he very much goes as an acclaimed rapper though. 

You don't have to, it's my opinion, as long as I do I'm not fussed.

I lost brain cells reading this.

There are hip hop influences in Kendrick Lamars music?

Edited by Matt42

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

What you think is your opinion but what he is, is a rapper. There may be hip hop influences but in that genre that regularly happens, he very much goes as an acclaimed rapper though. 

But hip hop is as distinct from pop as "rock" is.

10 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

What you think is your opinion but what he is, is a rapper.

Well yes but I don't think that makes him pop, except in the broadest sense. In reference to Taylor, Monkeys and Kendrick you could define that so that it's 3 pop acts fine but I don't see a definition of pop that includes Kendrick but doesn't include the Arctic Monkeys.

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

Well yes but I don't think that makes him pop, except in the broadest sense. In reference to Taylor, Monkeys and Kendrick you could define that so that it's 3 pop acts fine but I don't see a definition of pop that includes Kendrick but doesn't include the Arctic Monkeys.

I was talking shite, referencing what @thewayiam said.

I agree Kendrick isn't pop.

42 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I think Kendrick Lamar is a hip hop artist, which is a very popular genre right now.

By this logic there's so many lineups in the history of Glastonbury that are 'double pop'.

I have no idea what this means.

Ok, since you dont understand that Rap has existed for 40 years, lets get this straight. Its been popular the whole time. All thats changed is that caucasians caught on and like it, which made it “safe” to listen to and appropriate according to them. And since you dont have the faintest idea of american music culture, maybe drop out of this one if you want to save some skin. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

40 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Read above. Both of ya’ll are twats.

Edited by Suprefan
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

You aren't wrong but they are a rock band and where it used to be a rock band, a poppier band for the young one's we will say just for eg in this and an older act to supply to all you go from that to a rock band and two poppier acts for the young one's but Glastonbury way more the social media commercial unit than it ever was now unfortunately and that's where we are.

I think you had a random ramble moment there!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

what the fuck are you talking about?

do you ever actually bother to read your posts before hitting Submit?

that makes no sense. it's barely even English.

please read your posts and form proper sentences in future and people might know what the hell your point is. Your posts are constantly nonsense.

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Ok, since you dont understand that Rap has existed for 40 years, lets get this straight. Its been popular the whole time. All thats changed is that caucasians caught on and like it, which made it “safe” to listen to and appropriate according to them. And since you dont have the faintest idea of american music culture, maybe drop out of this one if you want to save some skin. 

What.

Edit - really don’t see how my post warranted this response. I know it’s been a popular genre for 40 years. I was commenting on it’s current mainstream success, probably more than ever before.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

What.

Edit - really don’t see how my post warranted this response. I know it’s been a popular genre for 40 years. I was commenting on it’s current mainstream success, probably more than ever before.

Seemed like a bit of a weird attack. I don't disagree with any of the facts said but no idea how he's read your exchange and felt the need to throw it all at you specifically.

12 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Seemed like a bit of a weird attack. I don't disagree with any of the facts said but no idea how he's read your exchange and felt the need to throw it all at you specifically.

I agree.

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

You aren't wrong but they are a rock band and where it used to be a rock band, a poppier band for the young one's we will say just for eg in this and an older act to supply to all you go from that to a rock band and two poppier acts for the young one's but Glastonbury way more the social media commercial unit than it ever was now unfortunately and that's where we are.

Posts like this explain so much. 

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Friday: Kendrick

Saturday: Macca

Sunday: Tay Tay

Would be such a shame if this headliner trio never happens. I know there are apparently already acts in the early stages of being lined up for next year, but this trio was so good that we didn’t believe it for so long after the initial rumours started. It needs to happen.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Would be such a shame if this headliner trio never happens. I know there are apparently already acts in the early stages of being lined up for next year, but this trio was so good that we didn’t believe it for so long after the initial rumours started. It needs to happen.

It's not even my bag, but in terms of size and finger on the overall pulse of music globally, you can't argue it's as big/good as you can get. 

6 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

What a moment it would be if this exact same trio ended up playing next year instead. Fingers crossed.

I hope it is for especially those who are getting done on pre-booked travel, other expenses that they may not get back. It would be a triumph if they got everyone back. I worry about Diana Ross though...

The 2021 lineup should be something to witness. I’d imagine that most of this year’s acts would at least be asked if they wanted to come back, obviously not all will but I’d wager plenty will want to. Then you have the acts who were planning to be active in 2021 too, there are already rumours that big hitters like Arctic Monkeys and Coldplay will be touring next year.

I’d expect to see strong lineups across the board next summer.

• Upvote 1