2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Funky Friday was bigger than Shut Up. 

It was a big song but it definitely wasn't as ubiquitous as Shut Up. I heard Shut Up in clubs every weekend for a year, with every dickhead knowing every single word. My Twitter and Facebook feeds were absolutely full with it.

It was absolutely everywhere - the song was a cultural phenomenon in a way that Funky Friday just wasn't.

Probably been posted somewhere else but it’s cool to see a range of dream / future headliners by people probably not involved with efestivals 

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/dream-glastonbury-festival-lineup-fans-3874546

If I was going to participate, I would say...

I’d love to see Billie Eilish headline the pyramid one day. I think the 1975 really deserve a bump up in the future too.

I would also love to see Blur return. I know 2009 is sacred but I think they would be a call back headliner I’d love to see on the festival. On the same note, I really hope Pulp come back in some shape or form. I think they’d be great to see playing again (not headlining though).

obvious bookings such as Madonna, and some kind of mega reunion would be welcomed. Although I like the fact that most of those in the survey were saying bands that were either active or just on a hiatus. I’m glad there is less of “led zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd or your ticket money is a waste” tripe.

Due to a number of reasons - death, disbandment, money... there really aren’t many white whales left for the festival to chase. Madge and FM are the two that the Eavii quite desperately want at some stage.

Beyond that we are looking at a mixture of newer acts, returning established acts and slightly more left field picks.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Due to a number of reasons - death, disbandment, money... there really aren’t many white whales left for the festival to chase. Madge and FM are the two that the Eavii quite desperately want at some stage.

Beyond that we are looking at a mixture of newer acts, returning established acts and slightly more left field picks.

I think we’ve also got to discuss the possibility of bizarre reunions coming out of nowhere too. This year has been quite crazy with Rage Against the Machine and MCR. If you suggested Rage would be back this time last year people would have laughed at you.

My weird reunion that I could imagine happening one day... one that I think a lot of people have simply forgotten about.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I think we’ve also got to discuss the possibility of bizarre reunions coming out of nowhere too. This year has been quite crazy with Rage Against the Machine and MCR. If you suggested Rage would be back this time last year people would have laughed at you.

My weird reunion that I could imagine happening one day... one that I think a lot of people have simply forgotten about.

The White Stripes? I'd say no chance, I mean honestly what's the point? No one going to see Jack White is crying out for Meg on drums.

Just now, Mouseboy11 said:

The White Stripes? I'd say no chance, I mean honestly what's the point? No one going to see Jack White is crying out for Meg on drums.

Coachella.

They seem to chase up a lot of these american bands who have called it a day and try and tempt them back in with a good pay package. I reckon a White Stripes reunion would be something that the Coachella organisers would like to bag. 

I understand, but I think what I’ve learnt is that nothing is impossible even if it is unlikely. They could become mates again and decide they want to do it, you just don’t know.

I’m not claiming it’s likely, but any reunion that isn’t factually impossible has a chance of happening.

2 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

You could say that about many bands and their lead singers. It still happens.

The last tour Jack White did here wasn't mobbed and he's already pulled a Raconteurs reunion out of his sleeve since. If people going to see Jack White don't care that it's Carla Azar on drums then sure, but there are fewer people going to see Jack White with every tour since he went out on his own.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Didn’t Meg have real issues with anxiety around being on stage? I don’t see her being in any rush to get back up there.

She played through it all the time she was in the White Stripes. And, I mean, people do get better sometimes. She was spotted at a Raconteurs show last year so I don't think they've cut a cord between one another.

Can't really comment on what she's willing to do but money has a way of making these things happen. I see it happening one day but you can probably guess I'm very hopeful.

On 3/1/2020 at 7:56 PM, Mouseboy11 said:

I only saw them because of the undercard when they did Wireless and from memory the 2 of them made an incredible sound. She's not the greatest of drummer but for some reason it just worked. 

Especially compared to Jack White and friends on the pyramid in 2014 (?)

I'd much sooner buy a White Stripes ticket than a Jack White ticket.

35 minutes ago, reflekting said:

Any chance of an REM reunion happening again sometime soon? I'd also like another Verve reunion although that one feels unlikely as they seemed to fall to pieces once again on the last reunion tour. 

REM have always been pretty clear that they wouldn't reform, they don't seem the types to do it for the money either. As much as I would love to see it happen it doesn't seem likely.

On 3/2/2020 at 6:36 AM, dentalplan said:

:P

On 3/2/2020 at 9:50 AM, aidenlangan95 said:

Nah, the reunion will happen in the past, mate.

Should have worded what I meant better. The reunion was significantly less likely in the past when there was a lot of hype round Jacks stuff. Now he’s released three albums and done a fair bit, reformed a few other bands, I feel that it’s more likely now than a few years ago.