2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

8 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I'd say George Ezra headlining so far away is a bit unlikely. If he's in-between albums it would be very odd and if he's just realised one it's a bit risky so far away as it might not be as huge as expected. 

Booking Stormzy before heavy is the head was probably a risk. However, it doesn’t seem anywhere near as risky now.

7 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I'd say George Ezra headlining so far away is a bit unlikely. If he's in-between albums it would be very odd and if he's just realised one it's a bit risky so far away as it might not be as huge as expected. 

He’ll definitely headline on the next album, there’s no way his next album won’t be huge, he’s walking the path marked out by Sheeran (Capaldi is a few steps further back on that path).

The only question mark is whether that album is out in time for the 21 or 22 festival.

56 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I think Billie Eilish could be a strong contender for this.

It would be fantastic but I just don’t know if she’s going to be touring still next year. This year is so massive, she’s everywhere and she has a world tour. I feel like she might take 2021 off.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

It would be fantastic but I just don’t know if she’s going to be touring still next year. This year is so massive, she’s everywhere and she has a world tour. I feel like she might take 2021 off.

Eilish is another for the "next album cycle" list;

2021:

1975 - Arctic Monkeys - Madge/Reg

2022:

Ezra - FM - Eilish

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

She's so young (literally) in her career though, I could definitely see her having a new album out before summer 2021. Maybe headlining Coachella and Glastonbury in the same year to kick things off.

I have a feeling EJ will never happen, apparently him and ME don't get along...

The 1975 - AM - FM

AM will be def want to take on the Saturday night slot this time, FM will suit the Sunday well to close out and for local tickets,  The 1975 are due next year you would have to say

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

She's so young (literally) in her career though, I could definitely see her having a new album out before summer 2021. Maybe headlining Coachella and Glastonbury in the same year to kick things off.

I would agree but she’s touring right up until the end of this year. I could see the album coming out November time 2021 as she’s probably got the stature to be considered a major release (most major releases come out Q4 due to holiday sales).

Adele has Q4 2020 on lock so I imagine most artists will wait until the Adele storm has calmed down before dropping albums. (this is a thing).

My guess is new album end of 2021 and headline Glastonbury and Coachella 2022. I think by then she could do a Wembley date and Glastonbury would fit in well with that.

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Bumping Dave from my predicted sub to predicted headliner.

Nah. Just doesn’t have the same commercial appeal as Stormzy to pull this off, and would feel like they’re just trying to pull the same trick twice. Not sure where he’ll end up come the next album, but headlining Glastonbury it ain’t.