2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

Kasabian are never going to be the festival’s first choice to headline again, but I reckon they’ll get another go at some point. Say someone pulls out or negotiations break down late on. A band like Kasabian are a great fallback in a pinch. Obviously their album quality has went downhill since West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum, but they usually have at least one banger per album, and they’re a good live act. Reserve team headliners. 

Coldplay, Fleetwood Mac, 1975, Elton John. 3 of those...

Mick Fleetwood recently : ""We’re not going to do a [long] tour, I would say, ever again," he said. "But there’s loads of alternatives. People like Peter Gabriel have a lovely way of working where they go and just do four or five major festivals during the summer. That’s the sort of vision that I see for Fleetwood Mac. We’re able to cherry-pick things that have dignity, and are fun to do, and they’re historically interesting."

Edited by danbailey80

I really don't think Rage will be there. When was the last time Glastonbury had a headliner that had also headlined R&L the year before? There's also no guarantee they'll even still be together by summer next year. And even then, if they are over in June, I just think they'd go for the money at Download.

I think there's a good chance that The 1975 could be one of them, given their comments about really wanting to play the festival before they go away from touring for a bit.

Also think one of Fleetwood Mac, Madonna or Elton John would make sense.

The third, I dunno. George Ezra seems so likely to headline the fest whenever he's next around, but would they really be booking him this far in advance?

Also, it's difficult to know whether Emily's comment about one having played before means explicitly headlining or just playing in general. If she means headlined before then it'd be cool to see someone like Beyoncé return 10 years after her last appearance.

I also wouldn't discount someone like Lady Gaga. She could have a big year or two planned out.

At this point I'll go with The 1975, Beyoncé and Fleetwood Mac.

Apologies for the rambling post.