2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

10 hours ago, ITK19889 said:

That would be One whole million times better then the 50th headliners....

Totally, I'd go from 100% seeing all 3 this year for the first time to only 1 next year (depending on clashes/new album for Gaga) means I get to go around the site again. Fantastic. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, ITK19889 said:

That would be One whole million times better then the 50th headliners....

Basically who we thought was headlining 2013 before Mumford & Sons became obvious (don’t know if the 2013 headliners thread still exists but it was a common mooted trio).

While that’s a great trio it feels a bit last decade and I’d like the festival to show that it has moved forward.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Tbf the 1975, fleetwood mac, George Ezra wouldn’t be too bad

Thought you had to view that Fleetwood Mac will never happen?

I think The 1975 would/will be great headliners. Their R&L set looked really good and by all accounts was universally liked by those in attendance.

I'm going for The 1975, Lady Gaga and George Ezra now fwiw.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

4 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Thought you had to view that Fleetwood Mac will never happen?

Yeah tbh but i was pointing out ways in which it could work by having both 1975 and Ezra as two of the headliners if they were both playing alongside a mega star headliner.

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

Yeah tbh but i was pointing out ways in which it could work by having both 1975 and Ezra as two of the headliners if they were both playing alongside a mega star headliner.

Oh yeah I think those two will work fine with a more established act in the middle. Regardless, both of those will attract a lot of criticism.

Already posted this in the "The 1975 2020" thread but might aswell post here for those who missed it. I think they're nailed on for next year.

They did an interview with Annie Mac where they were talking about their new song and album:

Annie: Have you got ambitions that haven't been realised yet as The 1975?

Matty: Yeah, but not stuff that's impossible. Headline Glastonbury but that's erm

George: We're busy this year I think

All: Laugh

Matty: We've um, It's such an amazing thing to do as a band, that would probably be the only gig that I feel like we need to do before it kind of all changes, but we're not saying this year or anything

Annie: 2021? Its got to be. Its got to be

Annie: Emily!!!

Matty: Come on, hello?

Matty: Yeah man, thanks for having us

Edited by Miyn
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The 1975 and George Ezra in the same year @mattiloy bet ya buzzin pal!!!!

Looool 🤘pop n roll. Can not wait.

(I absolutely can wait)

I’d be surprised if Ezra did get the leg up though. The 1975 are clearly big enough  amongst the kids to draw a crowd even if the fact of that perplexes me. But I’m calling it now that Ezra won’t get it. He doesn’t have enough in the locker and there simply aren’t enough tories attending the festival for him to fill the field.

Edited by mattiloy

32 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Looool 🤘pop n roll. Can not wait.

(I absolutely can wait)

I’d be surprised if Ezra did get the leg up though. The 1975 are clearly big enough  amongst the kids to draw a crowd even if the fact of that perplexes me. But I’m calling it now that Ezra won’t get it. He doesn’t have enough in the locker and there simply aren’t enough tories attending the festival for him to fill the field.

@Matt42 will be back with his George Ezra video again any minute now.