2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I probably was the only person there over 35 when I saw them in the Rabbit Hole on the Sunday night.

And you saw them in the Rabbit Hole and still want to be disparaging about them? I think we may have narrowed down our cut off point to somewhere between 34 and you

27 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I probably was the only person there over 35 when I saw them in the Rabbit Hole on the Sunday night.

Nope I was 49 and rammed into the back of that tent at was it 3am Sunday night, I'd finished in the T&C dancing my socks off and legged it across to the Park with two 'younger lovely generation; who we'd never met before but they wanted to come along as 'apparently we were who they'd been looking for the entire festival :-)' , and I ended up squeezing my way into the back of the tent with 3 lads in gold suits who sent an inflatable duck crowdsurfing. The back of that tent has a dip downwards so I could only see the backs of everyones heads, and it was ssooo hot and rammed and absolutely brilliant :-)

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

At least now we know everyones ages :) ..... perhaps everyone can stand in a line oldest to youngest at the efest meet so we know which bands they are likely to be going to ? :) 

Thank god you put the oldest at the front, I have trouble standing at the back of a long drop queue., always thought there should be a fast track long drop queue like theme parks have for anyone over 50. 😁

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Thank god you put the oldest at the front, I have trouble standing at the back of a long drop queue., always thought there should be a fast track long drop queue like theme parks have for anyone over 50. 😁

age is but a number .... unless you are in a bar scrum ... :) ... many people older than myself will have significantly more sprightliness than me when it comes to the latter stages of the festival 

Edited by crazyfool1

4 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Nope I was 49 and rammed into the back of that tent at was it 3am Sunday night, I'd finished in the T&C dancing my socks off and legged it across to the Park with two 'younger lovely generation; who we'd never met before but they wanted to come along as 'apparently we were who they'd been looking for the entire festival :-)' , and I ended up squeezing my way into the back of the tent with 3 lads in gold suits who sent an inflatable duck crowdsurfing. The back of that tent has a dip downwards so I could only see the backs of everyones heads, and it was ssooo hot and rammed and absolutely brilliant 🙂

I am sadly out of "hearts" because this sounds ace!!!! 

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Because Courteeners aren’t in any way comparable to Billie. Newer artists such as Billie, Ezra, Lizzo etc can achieve great things but they get labelled as ‘flash in the pan’. I just don’t like it. People are just weirdly critical of popular artists and I don’t get it.

’A dilettante is someone who can’t tell the difference between fashion and style’

Thank fuck for fontaines.

Also, these examples are bs, Lizzo is well loved on these forums and i don’t see anybody suggesting her or Billie Eilish are flash in the pan, they clearly offer something different.

But when you go on about George Ezra or the 1975 being good, who are dogshit to anybody with ears, be they old or young, or when you suggest Bieber as headliner of glastonbury, then expect disagreement.

I’m 28, so there isnt such a huge difference in age between us. I agree that there is so much contemporary music that is great and most people on the forums do, its a forum of music lovers of all ages and I guess they’re mostly highly interested and curious about new music as most music lovers are. From what I’ve observed I’d say you are the one who seems narrow minded about new music, with a taste seemingly limited largely to chart music and whatever is popular right now.

I pray that glastonbury always retains its eccentric aging hippy core. Fuck coachella and fuck anybody who wants to turn glastonbury into coachella.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1