2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

At this stage nobody knows who will be touring in 2021 or beyond so it feels a little pointless to make concrete predictions at this stage.

However I’m confident the following acts will headline on their next cycles, whenever that may be:

George Ezra, Fleetwood Mac, Arctic Monkeys, Gaga, The 1975 (if they’re not there this year),

The 1975 just has to keep announcing new albums every 6  months to keep themselves available. Wont be surprised if they say something else is coming for 2021 this autumn.

10 hours ago, Bisque said:

& The 1975, that’s just info from that guy in Bristol. They’ll headline one year I’m sure. Do a Stormzy maybe.

What do you mean by do a Stormzy? I think most of us would agree the 1975 are headline band now and then playing the other stage in 2020 is them accepting a slot below what they could really get.

It would probably hinder their chances of headlining the future and probably put them on a similar path to Biffy Clyro. Headline other festivals but due to their love of the festival never get the call to headline.

11 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I really feel like people are putting way to much stock into Lizzo. People saying Billie couldn't do it in one thread but then predicting Lizzo could headline in another. 

Because lizzo is more popular on efestivals than Billie. It’s not rocket science.

People want to ignore the fact that Billie is pulling record breaking numbers and becoming a greater touring force than their faves. They also think that she’s a flash in the pan act — but it’s impossible to think lizzo might be one too!

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Because lizzo is more popular on efestivals than Billie. It’s not rocket science.

People want to ignore the fact that Billie is pulling record breaking numbers and becoming a greater touring force than their faves. They also think that she’s a flash in the pan act — but it’s impossible to think lizzo might be one too!

As with Billie, there's a chance she might not even have an album out by then, her last one debuted #40 in the charts and I know shes grown massively due to TV appearances and festival appearances and I'm sure if she continues her trajectory she will headline one day. I can't see it being on the next album though. These are also (from what I've seen) who doubted a couple of months  ago that 1975 could headline and still argue that Foals aren't big enough. 

Edited by chazwwe

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

What do you mean by do a Stormzy? I think most of us would agree the 1975 are headline band now and then playing the other stage in 2020 is them accepting a slot below what they could really get.

It would probably hinder their chances of headlining the future and probably put them on a similar path to Biffy Clyro. Headline other festivals but due to their love of the festival never get the call to headline.

They obviously aren’t headlining this year if Kendrick is doing the Friday.

Doing a Stormzy... headline Other then Pyramid. I did forget there was a fallow year in between him doing that.

Special guests on John Peel?

I’m only going on what the guy I met in Bristol has said. He didn’t say yes, as I’ve said before I didn’t want to push it too much, but refused to say they won’t be there. Hard to explain. It was like asking your other half if they’ve not done drugs on a stag do in Amsterdam.

5 hours ago, Superscally said:

I don't know if that's a complement or a slight, but I do know that Shitgun is one of the worst songs that has ever gotten airplay.

Well he doesn’t sell/get Spotify plays in the Ed Sheeran capacity. Wasn’t really a slight.

I personally like Shotgun. I don’t understand the lyrics but it is catchy.

Voted song of the summer 2018. Not sure by who or in what context but it was everywhere at one point.

4 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Well he doesn’t sell/get Spotify plays in the Ed Sheeran capacity. Wasn’t really a slight.

I personally like Shotgun. I don’t understand the lyrics but it is catchy.

Voted song of the summer 2018. Not sure by who or in what context but it was everywhere at one point.

I don't mind a good pop summer song. Shotgun is a bad song. 

I like the song & he comes across as a decent guy in interviews. Budapest is a bit of an anthem too, Blame It On Me, Listen To The Man, Cassy O & a couple of others are decent sing a long festival perfect tunes. Barcelona.

I think his music is more interesting than James Bay, Capaldi & the other one.

Just my opinion.

53 minutes ago, Bisque said:

I like the song & he comes across as a decent guy in interviews. Budapest is a bit of an anthem too, Blame It On Me, Listen To The Man, Cassy O & a couple of others are decent sing a long festival perfect tunes. Barcelona.

I think his music is more interesting than James Bay, Capaldi & the other one.

Just my opinion.

I still love you. But he sounds like Vic and Bob doing karaoke. His bro, Ten Tonnes far more interesting but not caught the wave. To be fair, both sound like alright fellas. The jammy c**ts.

18 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I still love you. But he sounds like Vic and Bob doing karaoke. His bro, Ten Tonnes far more interesting but not caught the wave. To be fair, both sound like alright fellas. The jammy c**ts.

If you aren’t taking the piss I shall check him out.

Let’s be honest, he isn’t going to headline, maybe IoW, Victorious etc but not Glastonbury.

Would be good to split a younger crowd from a older band headlining Pyramid.

Edited by Bisque

1 hour ago, Bisque said:

If you aren’t taking the piss I shall check him out.

Let’s be honest, he isn’t going to headline, maybe IoW, Victorious etc but not Glastonbury.

Would be good to split a younger crowd from a older band headlining Pyramid.

Not taking the piss. Heard a couple of tunes on a radio session and thought it was alright. Meant to give a proper check out but not had the chance yet...

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Loving all the older users of this forum saying no to every young artist mooted as a future headliner.

This is 2020 not 2004.

No one is saying that. Saying George Ezra is shit, does not mean that they think he's not potential headliner material. There have been plenty of w*nk older headliners recently too, who are objectively "big" enough to headline but similarly mundane.

Likewise there are plenty of younger headliner prospects (Billie Eillish, Lorde etc...) who are a far more tantalising prospect than Ezra for people to be excited about.