HAPPY NEW YEAR! x

Slugworth

Happy 2020, everyone. Hope it works out for you.

I’m in Edinburgh for Hogmanay but got peopled out and couldn’t cope with the crowds so ended having an early night then woke up to the sound of fireworks outside. Not sure what that says about me but there it is. 

All the very best to you all.

May blessings outnumber the thistles that grow

And trouble avoid ye wherever ye go 

Extra New Year luck to those who are stalwarts of this site and have yet to receive the grace of a brief for the 2020 gathering at the farm.

37 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

Very happy to say that I nailed midnight to the wall last night.............

image.png.6b5c063765d691dbd3e5bf98352baf74.png

Modern romance, ha ha brilliant! 

Just awoke to find the telly still on and a bloody brass band or orchestra or something blaring out. Reckon I fell asleep towards the end of the glasto highlights. I now require  bacon rolls and strong tea. 

all good wishes for 2020....

and thanks to @eFestivalsfor providing a forum for the curious, the obsessive, the helpful, the opiniated, the humorous, the knowledgeable, the kind, the lonely, the crazy, the hopeful, the drunk and the sober that make up this broad church..

May you all remain non judgemental, supportive, inquistive, caring, funny, challenging, balanced, tolerant and ultimately fulfilled (come June)..

Its not what you see but who you are seeing it with that ultimately makes the difference..

• Upvote 1

Afternoon all , hope everyone is recovering well from last nights festivities I’ve just completed a short work shift and have set myself a few hopes and targets to achieve in the new year... first the obvious Glastonbury tickets .... and second a new job things that I can control ... then a Liverpool premier league win ... 30 year wait to come to an end maybe and Somerset to win the county championship ... anyway hope everyone has set themselves some realistic targets and can get the most out of the new decade . Happy new year you lovely lot :) 

Edited by crazyfool1

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

hope all your targets are met, #crazyfool1, especially the glasto tickets! Ok we are now in a new decade with Trump, Johnson, Putin and Kim Jong Un all with their fingers on the nuclear button but sod it, it’s up to us all to make the best of it!   

Cheers ... unfortunatly nothing we can do with the disastrous political situation ...( at the moment ) .. but the 2 main aims can be influenced ... hoping to bring in the new decade with a bang ... and that’s without that button !! 

23 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I am sitting in on my own tonight watching the telly. I live on my own & most of my mates have kids. We had a massive party on Saturday. Its much easier for them to get a babysitter at the weekend rather than tonight.

I had kind of been dreading tonight... (being in on my own on NYE), but now it's here, I am actually very happy to be in.

I have a dominos on the way...  life could be worse.

Happy new year to everyone.

Happy New Year, Fuzz. I'm glad you enjoyed your night, even if it was a quiet one. 

My friends and I ended up ordering dominoes for brunch this morning and eating it in bed. I'm not sure if that's disgusting or a really good way to start 2020. I'm now contemplating eating the left over bits cold for dinner...