Your Dream Next Decade Headliners

ITK19889

44 minutes ago, ITK19889 said:

I’d imagine there be a fair few from this list if they carry on the way there going :-

Foals

Royal Blood

Lewis Capaldi

Catfish Bottlemen ?

Ariana Grande 

Billi Eilish

Lizzo ?

Gerry Cinnamon 

Courteeners ? 👀😂

Then the it’s about time list :-

Lady Gaga

Rhianna

Eminem

RHCP

Fleetwood Mac

Daft Punk

Depeche mode

The Stone Roses ?

Green Day

Then the defiantly next 10 year welcome back list :-

Adele

Stormzy

Coldplay

Muse

Florence

Coldplay 😉

Artic Monkeys

Kasabian

Mumford & Sons ?

Foo Fighters 🤞🏻

For a second I thought you'd 🤞 for Mumford and was going to ask if you were ok...

6 hours ago, Superscally said:

For a second I thought you'd 🤞 for Mumford and was going to ask if you were ok...

No no defo next to the Foo’s ☺️

Has me thinking are friends from across the pond don’t seem to be giving the world any up and coming superstar Rock Bands or am I out of touch....

3 hours ago, ITK19889 said:

No no defo next to the Foo’s ☺️

Has me thinking are friends from across the pond don’t seem to be giving the world any up and coming superstar Rock Bands or am I out of touch....

Nah don't worry. Just that M*mf*rd and S*ns are f**king s**t. Hopefully they're on a plummeting trajectory. Worst band of the last ten years.

• Upvote 1

Lady Gaga number one for me. I want to see Florence do it again and get the full headliner treatment. Hopefully Lorde’s next record is massive and she gets a shot.

Want to see Blur have their big returning Radiohead moment. Guns n Roses are the huge, impossible to book legacy act I want to see do it.

i hope they finally stop wasting energy on Fleetwood Mac.

I’m excited to see acts that don’t even exist yet coming up and headlining over the decade. 

Think George Ezra’s an interesting point of discussion - with his next album he’ll probably be big enough but is he really a live headliner? Thought he worked as a world class warm-up act for Stormzy on the Pyramid this year, but he’s not got the sort of music you can really add a light show to, etc.

1 hour ago, wro_lap said:

Think George Ezra’s an interesting point of discussion - with his next album he’ll probably be big enough but is he really a live headliner? Thought he worked as a world class warm-up act for Stormzy on the Pyramid this year, but he’s not got the sort of music you can really add a light show to, etc.

32 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Can’t help but feel that Ezra’s next album is going to flop massively. Bland music for everyone and no one. 

I disagree. I feel Ezra appeals to a largely silent music market which don’t exactly engage with music discussions on the internet. I told my young cousin over Christmas that I’d seen George Ezra before and he was shocked. Almost as if I’d met a sports hero.

He’s massive. The fact he’s taking 2020 off makes me think 2021 is a goer to be honest. Emily also likes him enough to guest on his podcast. He’s definitely on their future list!

Reg is still #1 for me. Have seen him before, but it would be so special for him to cap his touring career at the farm.

Pearl Jam and Depeche Mode are acts that really should have headlined already and I would love to see both of them do it.

From the up and comers, I'd like to see Wolf Alice and Sam Fender get there at some point, but would actually prefer a slower ascent, so by the time they get there the back catalogues are substantial.

If we're talking reformations, It's the Stone Roses for me.

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

Never going to happen as headliners but I would like to see Hot Chip get a decent slot on the Pyramid.

Depeche Mode obviously for me.

Stone Roses will not play together again.

The Smiths or Talking Heads 

Can’t see The Smiths getting back together or Morrissey being asked back to Glastonbury.

Talking Heads would be incredible. Can’t think of a reunion I’d rather see to be honest.

15 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Can’t see The Smiths getting back together or Morrissey being asked back to Glastonbury.

Talking Heads would be incredible. Can’t think of a reunion I’d rather see to be honest.

I know there is no chance of the Smiths, but a man can dream.

Wonder what would happen if they ever got inducted into the Rock & Roll hall of fame.