Rolling Loud Europe 2020

OnlyRevolutions

"World-famous hip hop festival Rolling Loud have announced that 2020 will see them make their European debut, following on from their famous flagship festival in Florida and series of events across North America. In just over four years since the first ever edition, back in 2015, Rolling Loud has quickly become established as one of the leading brands in the world of rap music and live events. And while details on location, date and lineup for the newly confirmed European edition are all still to be revealed, the historic pedigree of the North American events bodes well for rap fans on the other side of the Atlantic." - https://www.festicket.com/magazine/news/rolling-loud-announce-european-debut/

No location or date confirmed as of yet but imagine the festival will take place early/mid July so it can take advantage of acts being over for WOO HAH, Longitude, Wireless etc, does anyone have any ideas which country the festival might end up in?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, iFirework said:

Feel like this might still be in the UK; Wireless sells out instantly year on year and this will be another option to go to. Perhaps it will be at a separate time to other European hip-hop festivals of the usual time of July.

yeah it was meant to be held in London a few years back but that never went through, they also expressed their desire to expand to China and Japan but things may of changed since then and they may of decided on somewhere else, i imagine if it is held in the UK it will no doubt be in London: https://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/08/rolling-loud-festival-will-expand-china-uk/

35 minutes ago, polnico said:

Why not France ? I feel like they have no big festivals of this type. Also Kendrick hasn't been announced for any festivals in France, and I'd clearly see him as a potential headliner for this then.

Everywhere is possible at the moment and there's no doubt a demand in France for a big rap festival but i'm just basing my prediction of London on the fact that there was an attempt to hold it there a few years back

• Upvote 1

On 12/30/2019 at 4:24 PM, polnico said:

Why not France ? I feel like they have no big festivals of this type. Also Kendrick hasn't been announced for any festivals in France, and I'd clearly see him as a potential headliner for this then.

Yeah, France or Belgium were also my first guesses.

Edited by Hullabaloo92

1 hour ago, alan_ts said:

FB_IMG_1578387807344.jpg

Same weekend as Open-Air Frauenfeld. I guess they'll share a lot of acts. 

But that also means that Kendrick is ruled out (probably). He's free for the 10th (if he plays Frauenfeld on 11th), but I can't see him doing 5 festivals in 5 days.

Wednesday to Friday makes me think it's not the UK. Although they say 'venue' which is interesting. Festivals don't really have a venue unless that venue is an arena, so who knows. Might be 3 days on the trot at the millenium dome.

6 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Wednesday to Friday makes me think it's not the UK. Although they say 'venue' which is interesting. Festivals don't really have a venue unless that venue is an arena, so who knows. Might be 3 days on the trot at the millenium dome.

Do other countries not work Wednesday to Friday then and can I please emigrate there?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Do other countries not work Wednesday to Friday then and can I please emigrate there?

I'm not sure if you're being facetious, but i've seen other european countries have festivals in the weekdays, unlike the UK where they're weekend based, but in the case of glastonbury and reading/leeds, will start early at the tail end of the week.

1 minute ago, Padjeq said:

I'm not sure if you're being facetious, but i've seen other european countries have festivals in the weekdays, unlike the UK where they're weekend based, but in the case of glastonbury and reading/leeds, will start early at the tail end of the week.

Sorry I was just joking and you’re right