Recycling Veterans

marathonsteve

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

I guess with 1 post that might be a bit of an ask ... stick about and people might ... when does it need to be supported by ? 

I know it's a big favor I'm asking, I am new to this platform as I don't use forums. I am willing to have a chat to introduce myself with anyone unsure. Anyhow I'd be extremely grateful if any kind fellow willing to help.

I'm not sure about any deadline, Fiona is just asking for a previous volunteer to email her that they recommend me + contact details. 

2 minutes ago, mans24 said:

I know it's a big favor I'm asking, I am new to this platform as I don't use forums. I am willing to have a chat to introduce myself with anyone unsure. Anyhow I'd be extremely grateful if any kind fellow willing to help.

I'm not sure about any deadline, Fiona is just asking for a previous volunteer to email her that they recommend me + contact details. 

Yep I’m not trying to put you off either ... it’s quite a big ask though ... but there might be somebody willing to ... worth trying of course :) welcome to the forum ... stick about and there’s loads of help and  advice available 

5 hours ago, Doug85 said:

Found a couple of mobiles over the years, a clip of money (around £30 i think) and a substantial amount of acid last year. All barring the acid got handed into lost property. I checked on the last day and the phones had been claimed, the money was a no and there was no ID with it so it went to charity i think. 

One of my mates found a sw*nky phone and staggered up to a police man and woman who were on horses and said I've just found this, and handed the phoner to them. There's no doubt in my mind that they'd have nailed him in the condition he was in if it were a town centre, but gave the good grace that they do at Glastonbury. Let's face it, they could be busting people left, tight, and centre, but don't. I actually respect them for that.

On 12/30/2019 at 6:35 PM, Roger1 said:

Whilst picking the Pyramid field a few years ago I found a wallet containing cash and a quite an amount of class A powder. Luckily the wallet had a driving licence in it. I binned the class A so as not to land the gent in trouble and returned the wallet Inc all the cash to lost property

Left bin, or right bin?

I have been away and only got back yesterday but have had my e-mail and done my application as I am a veteran- 2020 will be my 7th  time.

Regarding some of the questions asked here, hopefully I can answer some of them

• Yes correct unless you are recommended by someone who has worked there before (not necessarily a veteran just someone who has successfully completed their shifts) the chances are slim if not non-existent if you've not worked before.  Some of the charities that do litter picking maybe your best option.
  • Veterans get 1st dibs on shifts and some shifts are for veterans only- they are very popular as more and more people become veterans and in 2019 I didn't get any veteran shifts for this reason
  • For non-veterans the options aren't all just morning (6am to noon) litter picking shifts (though that is where the majority of people work) you can also do: recycling centre (mornings or afternoons or after the festival), traders information which alternate am/pm shifts, afternoon litter picking and tractor crew (mornings or afternoons).  So certainly options if you want to be in the SE Corner till dawn.  Personally before I became a veteran I always opted for the 6am to noon litter pick as I didn't want to miss any bands in the afternoon.
  • Great staff camping with the advantage of being inside the fence with generally good food (though queues can be long at times- factor this in if you want some food before your shift starts) and a good bar.  Great to have showers too (especially in 2019 as  was working in the recycling centre which was very mucky) but again the queues can be long at times.

Overall it is a great experience and I enjoy it and have made some good friends over the years working there.

• Upvote 1

On 1/3/2020 at 11:17 AM, dondo said:

I have been away and only got back yesterday but have had my e-mail and done my application as I am a veteran- 2020 will be my 7th  time.

Regarding some of the questions asked here, hopefully I can answer some of them

• Yes correct unless you are recommended by someone who has worked there before (not necessarily a veteran just someone who has successfully completed their shifts) the chances are slim if not non-existent if you've not worked before.  Some of the charities that do litter picking maybe your best option.
  • Veterans get 1st dibs on shifts and some shifts are for veterans only- they are very popular as more and more people become veterans and in 2019 I didn't get any veteran shifts for this reason
  • For non-veterans the options aren't all just morning (6am to noon) litter picking shifts (though that is where the majority of people work) you can also do: recycling centre (mornings or afternoons or after the festival), traders information which alternate am/pm shifts, afternoon litter picking and tractor crew (mornings or afternoons).  So certainly options if you want to be in the SE Corner till dawn.  Personally before I became a veteran I always opted for the 6am to noon litter pick as I didn't want to miss any bands in the afternoon.
  • Great staff camping with the advantage of being inside the fence with generally good food (though queues can be long at times- factor this in if you want some food before your shift starts) and a good bar.  Great to have showers too (especially in 2019 as  was working in the recycling centre which was very mucky) but again the queues can be long at times.

Overall it is a great experience and I enjoy it and have made some good friends over the years working there.

Great post, cheers

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Giraffe Man said:

Confirmation today my application & payment is processed & complete. Very happy bunny 😎

Yep. Me too after the usual panic around had I filled everything out correctly and sent the deposit to the right account. 

20 minutes ago, Roger1 said:

Did you guys get a email confirmation or was it on the website? I understand Fiona has been away until 15th. All paid when original invite was received

I got email confirmation from Fiona. You can also see it when you log into your account on the recycling crew website