Favourite Set Ever

Sam Y

It's a tie between Fall Out Boy in 2018 (expected to get absolutely blasted for that one, but they're my favourite band, so I'm not really bothered!) and Foo Fighters in 2019 for me. Both absolutely class headline sets in my opinion.

Second time seeing Fall Out Boy that year, and we got nice and close to the front. Setlist was packed full of classics and some underrated bangers, and the people I was with that year helped make it such a memorable night for me. It was my first Leeds Festival too, and to see my favourite band headline such an iconic festival was a special moment. Foo Fighters were unreal. I'd heard stories from my brother who saw them at Glastonbury and my sister who saw them at Leeds that they were an incredible live band, and that I would absolutely love it. The company I was with that year, again, helped make the set that little bit more special. The setlist really just made me remember how many great songs they have (the first five songs alone had me pumped, and I loved every minute of that run), and getting to hear one of my personal favourite songs in 'Everlong' live was a moment I'll never forget.

An honourable mention goes to A Day To Remember's set in 2019, they absolutely killed it. So many good songs, was crazy down at the front, and I really hope to catch them on tour next time they come to the UK.

Oh god very tough question and I've only been going since 2017. I'd probably have to say Travis Scott 2018 *just*.

Honourable mentions to Danny Brown 2017, Flatbush Zombies 2017, The Front Bottoms 2018, Kendrick 2018, DFA 2018, The 1975 2019 and Slowthai 2019. All incredible sets there but  Travis Scott was out of this world down the front. Best time I've seen him still.

Edited by TheWaters

Dillinger Escape Plan on the Concrete Jungle in 2004. How they effortlessly outplayed and outperformed every other bad on the bill, and knew it, was immense. I'll never forget Greg's two great quotes either;

"We can't believe you would spend all this money to watch all these terrible bands and only one good one."

"Wife, sister, sister, wife, who gives a fuck? Fuck The White Stripes."

Not that I condone that sort of talk but god damn did they back themselves with that performance.

Muse 2017(coz theyre brilliant), Pendulum 2018(for the atmosphere and basically constant jumping of the whole tent), The 1975(knew every song)/Twenty One Pilots(knew every song and stage performance was incredible)/Foos(coz theyre legends) 2019.

I loved Mumford & Sons in 2015 as well coz it was my first headliner but i dont remeber it much. And Foals were epic but i barely knew any of their songs then.

From videos it would have to be MCR 2011, Pulp 2011 (just for Common People) or Nirvana 1992, which my Dad constantly reminds me he was down the front for

Foals - Leeds 2016 - absolutely biblical rain that was hitting us from the side due to the wind. Crazy conditions in the pit but everyone absolutely having it which seemed to spur the band on, Yannis was actually taken back a bit by the reaction of the crowd in such crazy conditions, absolutely unforgettable set.