favourite festival area or venue past or present

Crazyfool01

Made our first visit to Strummerville in2017. A lovely end to a day at the main stages. 

And I just love the bread and roses bar, great atmosphere and bands, oh and the Avalon cafe 

let’s face it, the whole place is utterly incredible!

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Avalon is my favourite but nothing beats The Pyramid when a headliner you love is on. 

Favourite away from Glastonbury is The Woodland at Bearded Theory. 

I bloody love the Pyramid in the middle of the day. The Proclaimers, Sheryl Crow and Vampire Weekend were all properly good fun.  There's something so relaxed about being up on the hill, enjoying a band, having a chat with your mates and bothering nobody in the process, whilst being able to hear and see them perfectly well. I know the casual aspect is why it can be so weak, but sometimes it just hits the spot.

Telling that I've really enjoyed the place the last couple of festivals, but didn't see a single band there in 2016. No sitting up on the hill enjoying the sunshine that year!

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Telling that I've really enjoyed the place the last couple of festivals, but didn't see a single band there in 2016. No sitting up on the hill enjoying the sunshine that year!

A good point, I probably spent my most time there in 2010. Slash, Ray Davies, Seasick Steve, Shakira(!), Dead Weather plus a few others.

Bourbon Street Blues (now sadly no more) was a lovely venue.

Of those still around, I loved Croissant Neuf and their bandstand, Left Field and the Acoustic Tent.

Plus (and I'm sorry it's so many but that's the joy of Glasto) the Circus Kid's Field where I saw the magnificent Bill Ferguson's juggling act three times over a festival as he was so good.

But best of all has to be chilling at my caravan in CV East putting the world to rights with some of my oldest friends and family.

• Upvote 1

There was a venue pre beat hotel (same place) that used to look like a ship (from memory) but had palm trees and sold cocktails - and cheesy music all the way. Spent a brilliant few hours there one afternoon (after an efests footie match) , and still one of my best random afternoons. Stage wise I am a real John Peel fan , Theres something about the acoustics in there that make me get goosebumps and over the years have seen some very special sets in there