Recce

Sue12

I’m So - we’re travelling down to Paignton from York for New Year to see my dad and I’ve booked us in for a night in a pub at West  Pennard en route!! I couldn’t help myself - seen the sign for Glastonbury so many times over the years from the M5  - so I’m taking this chance to do a recce! Will we be able to park up near the festival site and actually have a walk round?! The idea is to get a feel for the place before I get  too giddy nearer the time!

Edited by Sue12

36 minutes ago, Sue12 said:

I’m So - we’re travelling down to Paignton from York for New Year to see my dad and I’ve booked us in for a night in a pub at West  Pennard en route!! I couldn’t help myself - seen the sign for Glastonbury so many times over the years from the M5  - so I’m taking this chance to do a recce! Will we be able to park up near the festival site and actually have a walk round?! The idea is to get a feel for the place before I get  too giddy nearer the time!

yes ive been a couple of times out of season as have quite a few on here ... we park at the state park and enter the site from there ... be aware although they dont mind visitors that its a working farm and to stick to the public footpaths and the polite thing to do is to put your head in the festival office on arrival and stick to country code ...... when were you thinking of going and having a look ? as the prep starts early and security start appearing and not letting you on the construction site 

5 minutes ago, Sue12 said:

We’re driving down this Sunday so will be Sunday pm or Monday am - never occurred to me There would be a festival office !

festival office won't be open sunday I would doubt and im not even sure about what they would be doing next week as its Christmas but if they are open 10am would be the time they open as I remember from getting Pilton Party tickets