Merry Christmas...

Hugh Jass

38 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Could have been a disaster, Yog.

I haven't opened the bottle yet. Can't move haha

That's a very wise move. I'd now treat a bottle of whisky as a uxb. I used to drink one a night, on a school night. To say that I'd go from rational and well adjusted to completely insane during the process, is an understatement.  I'd turn in to a 'human pinball' at about the three quarter of a bottle mark.

22 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

A simple message especially for the younger folk on here. No matter what problems you have, what shit is thrown at you, stay strong. If you feel down , seek help. Throughout my career I’ve seen far too many young lives ruined when a bit of support could have helped them. At this time of the year when everyone seems to be enjoying themselves it’s all too easy to forget for some it can be difficult. 

Remember the last few lines of Desiderata,   With all its shams, drudgery and broken dreams it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. 

Happy a great holiday everyone! 

A local link but with some national numbers

https://www.devonlive.com/profile/how-mental-health-support-over-3662916

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, oneeye said:

A local link but with some national numbers

https://www.devonlive.com/profile/how-mental-health-support-over-3662916

Good link, there really is so much  help available out there and that’s why it was so heartbreaking for me to have seen a couple of young adults taking their lives over the last few years of my working life.  And it’s not only help lines or professionals, it’s families and friends looking out for signs of problems.       Love life. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Merry Christmas all. I'm stuck at work until 8 but hey, I volunteered for it.

There are 2 types of customer on Christmas Day. Those who recognise and appreciate that someone else is giving up their Christmas, and those who, well, very much don't

I appreciate those that work. 
What do you do?

Edited by ian the worm
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Merry Cribsmas

Indeed! Got my Merry Cribsmas jumper (red) at those incredible residency shows they did a couple of years ago, love wearing it this time of year.

I also got the Glaston book, I didn't think I would!!! Dead happy.

God bless the Jarmans. xx

Edited by Simpo
  • Upvote 1