Merry Christmas...

Hugh Jass

Merry Christmas all. First one I've really looked forward to for a long time. Spending time in a lovely place with lovely people and the pooches. Soup for the soul. Need the recharge. 

So wishing everyone merriment this year cos we need it more than ever. Without wanting to be corny but it's nice having this little retreat to chat not just Glastonbury but the ethos of it too. Cheers! 🥂

A simple message especially for the younger folk on here. No matter what problems you have, what shit is thrown at you, stay strong. If you feel down , seek help. Throughout my career I’ve seen far too many young lives ruined when a bit of support could have helped them. At this time of the year when everyone seems to be enjoying themselves it’s all too easy to forget for some it can be difficult. 

Remember the last few lines of Desiderata,   With all its shams, drudgery and broken dreams it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. 

Happy a great holiday everyone! 

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

A simple message especially for the younger folk on here. No matter what problems you have, what shit is thrown at you, stay strong. If you feel down , seek help. Throughout my career I’ve seen far too many young lives ruined when a bit of support could have helped them. At this time of the year when everyone seems to be enjoying themselves it’s all too easy to forget for some it can be difficult. 

Remember the last few lines of Desiderata,   With all its shams, drudgery and broken dreams it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. 

Happy a great holiday everyone! 

Never a truer word spoken ... it’s a time of year with social media pressures and expectations and not forgetting the 40 year old males ... anyone in need of a chat pm me ... illness preventing me from usual festivities but it hasn’t affected my voice and hearing fortunately 

• Upvote 1

Just got the kids to sleep ready for Santa arriving. Now time for a few well deserved drinks 🍷 That’s the countdown to one big event nearly over - by coincidence it is exactly 6 months of a countdown to our next ‘big’ event 😁

Merry Christmas to you all 🎄 🎄

Edited by circus92

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

With all its shams, drudgery and broken dreams it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful, strive to be happy.

Worthy of a tattoo that.

Merry Xmas everyone. I’m going to just take tomorrow as it comes & pull my finger out for the new year. New job, look after the girlfriend better, save more, drink less, make an effort to see friends, not sit on my arse all day and do nothing. Just be a better human being in general.

Wish me luck as I am in a rut at the moment & I’ve let down some important people that would have helped if had asked & I it’s going to take some work getting them back on side.

• Upvote 3