Oasis 2021?

blutarsky

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:
4 hours ago, circus92 said:

It was terrible.

Why does everyone say it was terrible? And everyone does say it was terrible. Were those who say it was terrible watching from Worthy Farm or on TV?  I was there, quite close to the stage, and thought it was great. I’m not a big Oasis fan, so I’m not slavishly uncritical. But I loved it. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Bands who hate one another usually only get back together for the paycheck. Do we think the guy who wrote all of Morning Glory will be short of money any time soon?

No way. Certainly not enough to get them to put up with each other. Give it another few years when the solo careers have cooled off a bit and then it'll happen.

3 hours ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

Why does everyone say it was terrible? And everyone does say it was terrible. Were those who say it was terrible watching from Worthy Farm or on TV?  I was there, quite close to the stage, and thought it was great. I’m not a big Oasis fan, so I’m not slavishly uncritical. But I loved it. 

I was there and thought it was shite. And I like Oasis.

On 12/27/2019 at 2:55 PM, Bisque said:

I’d watch Oasis just to say I’ve seen Oasis.

But not for £100+

There’s nothing stopping you saying you’ve seen them now. Who will know whether you have or not, and who will care?

I guess that I’m still bitter that in 2004 I stayed at the tent with the kids while my wife went to see McCartney and I got to go and see Oasis. She wasn’t sitting outside the tent listening and feeling insanely jealous. 

What would be the point of Oasis actually reforming?

I understood the Roses reforming as they missed out on the big pay cheques  and headline stadium appearances. Oasis feels different. From a financial perspective I doubt Bonehead and Guiggsy will ever need to work again, nevermind Noel or Liam,

For all intents and purposes its not Oasis that people want to reform, its Noel to play with Liam. From a creative POV, could Noel and Liam ever make good music together again? Noel has tried to be a bit more experimental and open to different influences in regards to his solo output. Yet Liam has stuck steadfast to the shouty lad rock formula. Would Noel want to make music like it is still 1995? We all know Liams opinion about scissor percussionists.

There is literally nothing else for Oasis to achieve. For a decade they lived the absolute fantasy. They were a national phenomenon like I had never seen the likes of before, or been close to seen replicating since.

Maybe in a few years nostalgia will get the better of them. 

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

What would be the point of Oasis actually reforming?

I understood the Roses reforming as they missed out on the big pay cheques  and headline stadium appearances. Oasis feels different. From a financial perspective I doubt Bonehead and Guiggsy will ever need to work again, nevermind Noel or Liam,

For all intents and purposes its not Oasis that people want to reform, its Noel to play with Liam. From a creative POV, could Noel and Liam ever make good music together again? Noel has tried to be a bit more experimental and open to different influences in regards to his solo output. Yet Liam has stuck steadfast to the shouty lad rock formula. Would Noel want to make music like it is still 1995? We all know Liams opinion about scissor percussionists.

There is literally nothing else for Oasis to achieve. For a decade they lived the absolute fantasy. They were a national phenomenon like I had never seen the likes of before, or been close to seen replicating since.

Maybe in a few years nostalgia will get the better of them. 

I think they’ll miss being probably the biggest band in the U.K one day. That is maybe something that’s personal they’d miss. People want them to reform for the gigs and days out I don’t think anyone gives a shite about new music from Oasis and I’m a massive fan.

First saw Oasis way, way back in 1994 and they absolutely blew me away. Seeing Liam up close, staring menacingly out over the relatively small crowd while Noel played the first chords of supersonic,  fuck they were good and they knew it.  nobody near them at the time and I don’t think there has been ever since. A gig I’ll remember forever.

fast forward to 2009 stadium of light, dig out yer soul tour. going through the motions without emotion, no connection to the crowd, the songs or even speaking to one another while on stage. you could just tell it was done, game over. It was horrible.  A month later I gave them a last throw of the dice, warmup gig nearby at Brid spa for Rock en Seine festival,  small venue, passionate crowd unfortunately that was the only positive. same set list as stadium of light, same lack of connection and gig was over quickly.  Noel left the building before the music had even finished and without even a look at his brother or the rest of the band.  I wasn’t at all surprised they split a week later. A million miles away from 1994

As a massive (in their prime) oasis fan, should they get back together? No, no maybe’s,  no definitely absolutely not :)

I’d go see them if they did but I know I’d come home disappointed wishing they hadn’t bothered.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Given all the changes in personnel over the years, you could argue that as long as Liam and Noel are in the band, it is Oasis - nobody else was on all the albums.

Rotating drummers. Literally.

Get the revolving board they had from Bullseye and have McCarroll/White/Starkey/all the others constantly going round.