CATS

H.M.V

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If anyone actually went to see this thing it would be the Threads of 2019, traumatising an entire generation. A psychic blast like the giant squid in Watchmen.

Don't even fucking joke about that shit. Christ on a nuclear strike damaged bike

Just now, Sasperella said:

I have no idea what Threads is. I should probably keep it that way, shouldn't I?

Ooh you lucky sausage.

It's on YouTube, full film and trailer. British film made in the early 80s. Cant speak for Calgon, but we got shown it in RE class when I was about 11.

Not sticking a link up as its Christmas, but knock yourself out if you dont want to sleep again for a few nights!

22 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ooh you lucky sausage.

It's on YouTube, full film and trailer. British film made in the early 80s. Cant speak for Calgon, but we got shown it in RE class when I was about 11.

Not sticking a link up as its Christmas, but knock yourself out if you dont want to sleep again for a few nights!

Just googled. I refuse to watch anything that involves anyone nuking the fuck out of Sheffield, so I appear to be safe.

Edited by Sasperella

25 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Is Threads really that bad?  People talk about it like it's almost traumatising, something that chills you to the bone. I l mean it sounds quite grim but there's lots of grim films out there 🤷‍♂️

There's probably an element of the age at which we saw it, but there's more to it than that.

It's not a blockbuster or Hollywood style battle against the odds movie or anything like that; it really is just untemittingly bleak.

The filming style is very similar to the 70s & 80s public information films, so it's all quite grainy and gritty. The special effects are all very limited / non existent as a result, which means that it was kept to a very personal level in terms of impacts.

Yeah. It's not a nice experience. I tried rewatching it on YT a while back to see if it was just an association with when I saw it and not really that bad. Nope. Still nope.

And the bloody traffic warden...

On 12/23/2019 at 1:09 PM, ShakeyCrash said:

Not seen the film but if you are looking forward to it and are a musical fan it may worth reminding yourself of the reviews for the greatest showman and Mama Mia compared against their raging popularity. Personally will give it a miss despite being a musical fan as have not seen the stage show

But completely justified reviews mama Mia has dented but not killed my fondness for ABBA how anyone thinks it's worth watching is beyond me . The greatest  shitman is a heaping turd fest of a film that has no redemption. 

Although I have to say I'm not a musicals fan in anyway 

10 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We were about 8 when they showed it to us. But at least it didn't have the nightmarish hallucination of Ray Winstonecat in it.

Threads was shown in my friends school PSHE class in year 7.

My mate went on ebay, bought it & we watched it as our movie night in at uni.

Year 7!

Edit: why is it called Threads?

Edited by Bisque