Whats your top go-to food and drink venue at Glastonbury?

superhands91

14 hours ago, Slugworth said:

Burger Bear in Block 9. Hands down the best burger i've eaten. Tom is a top guy too. 

Absolutely second this. First time I had it I was evangelical but quite worse for wear. I then went back sober and can confirm they are really quite something.

Biggest revelation this year was the crumble shack. Utter genius - never seen it at a festival before, but was amazing late in the evening when it started getting chilly. It's like being hugged from the inside, out.

Didn't see Strumpets' Crumpets this year which was a past favourite. Not sure what happened.

3 minutes ago, jamie_90 said:

Absolutely second this. First time I had it I was evangelical but quite worse for wear. I then went back sober and can confirm they are really quite something.

Biggest revelation this year was the crumble shack. Utter genius - never seen it at a festival before, but was amazing late in the evening when it started getting chilly. It's like being hugged from the inside, out.

Didn't see Strumpets' Crumpets this year which was a past favourite. Not sure what happened.

where's the crumble shack ? sounds like it could be my kind of place :) 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

where's the crumble shack ? sounds like it could be my kind of place :) 

I think it was on this strip. Or failing that, the right turn that goes past the pharmacy. £4 or something for a big pot of rubarb or apple and custard and crumble topping...I want some now!

Crumble Zone.JPG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jamie_90 said:

I think it was on this strip. Or failing that, the right turn that goes past the pharmacy. £4 or something for a big pot of rubarb or apple and custard and crumble topping...I want some now!

Crumble Zone.JPG

thanks ... would be perfect on this bloody horrible day :) have your first upvote 

40 minutes ago, jamie_90 said:

I need to find this place. Almost my favorite food of all time is rhubarb crumble!!!

16 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I’m sure that I read somewhere that Strumpets with crumpets have stopped trading. 

had them at kendal calling and they were nice. 

Yes... they have!

I'd love to run a festival business like that, but I'm sure it's not as straightforward as that... then of course, there's the long winters.

Capture.JPG

13 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Any hog roll place.

Group of us got a hog roll somewhere very close to the Cider Bus, maybe along the lane as you walk towards the Pyramid.

It was really soggy, the bread was tough & we all genuinely had to have a break of an hour or two because we felt pretty rough.

18 minutes ago, superhands91 said:

Wow, I did not expect so many responses. You guys are awesome! There's a few recurring stalls in this thread so far that I'm definitely going to check out this year. Keep sending them through!

Food weather and lineup will cover lots of the build up :) ... keep the posts coming :) 

+1 for:

• Tor Rugby Club burritos - it's the first thing I ever ate at Glastonbury. It then cost £3. Bargain. Still good value.
  • Goan Fish Curry (the mackerel - YUM)
  • Mama Falafel in Greenfields (met the owner a couple of years ago, nice bloke, they make them fresh, not from a mix)
  • Anna Mae's Mac n Cheese
  • Cider Bus

Shout out for the Bar at Strummerville.....very basic in terms of choice. But great characters and late night chats to accompany the grog.

7 hours ago, superhands91 said:

Wow, I did not expect so many responses. You guys are awesome! There's a few recurring stalls in this thread so far that I'm definitely going to check out this year. Keep sending them through!

The most suprising thing for me is always the quality of the bands at the Glasonbuty Food Festival.

• Like 1

The veggie chilli in the Park is absolutely banging (left hand side as you walk up). Amazing value (£5 if you just have it with a tortilla, which is plenty) and feels like your replenishing all of good stuff you need to get you through the next few days 🙂

I also really like the Flavours of Africa (jollof rice...omg) and the Tibetan curry place (anything that comes with a momo is good). The disclaimer is that I have no idea where either of these places is located, I just know they're there.