Whats your top go-to food and drink venue at Glastonbury?

superhands91

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The smoothie places are a godsend too.

One quite close to the Chill & Charge tent helped me a lot in 2019

Absolutely definately a great tip ... always have one for breakfast along with a bowl of cereal. ‘Milky milky’ to set me up for the day .... I tend to be in the wrong places for all this magnificent food that’s mentioned when I’m hungry ... or I’ve forgotten it all ... another festival staple recently has been the ostrich burger stand near the other stage 

Chicken place by Williams Green.

Mac and Cheese by Acoustic.

Pasta place at bottom of the Park has a place in my heart because I’ve always camped up by there and have sometimes had to do a few meals worth of eating it one at that place for some energy. 

For pints I’m a big fan of The Avalon Inn which is the big wooden thing. I like “The Bar” at Williams Green. Stumbled upon the bar at the Acoustic stage this year as well which is decent had wooden seats and pretty chilled out inside.

I tend to find if I’m having a pint in a bar at Glastonbury I’m having a moment and chilling out in between the madness. Or if it’s Wednesday or Thursday I’m warming up before the madness. 

Jumping Bean Burritos is great, it's to the left of the Other Stage as you look at the stage.

It's not too far from Dosa Deli (South Indian Street Food) which was a winner for us as well, as was Paellaria in William's Green.

Tibetan Kitchen also got rave reviews.  We didn't try it at the farm but have since had a take away from their place in Chorlton (Manchester) off the back of the recommendations and it was great.

Toms Pies in 2016 hit the spot (cold wet weather, winter warmer food); just round the corner from bread and roses (use to be glasty pasties pitch). There were some great ice cream stalls up towards the park area in 2017 but I've no idea of names. Scrumpet crumpets? were also good for a Scooby snack, up by Avalon I seem to remember? For a sweet tooth there was a fresh cream cake stall which was ace, again no idea of name.and of course strawberries and cream stall. To  be honest it would be easier naming stalls which were not so good - few and far between I reckon. 

3 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

I agree.

I have an inbuilt hatred of rugby union, but these people’s mouthwatering Mexican morsels have cooled this slightly.

Is that them just along from the cider bus? Prefer football myself and Didn’t realise they were a rugby club, must give them a ‘try’ They might ‘convert’  me .  

Best food for me is to be found in the west holts area.

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

For breakfast (midday meal....) there are two vegetarian cafes in Croissant Neuf field. Both take a bloody age to get served because of the way that the meals are served up. It’s slow food ?. But very very tasty (I am not a vegetarian myself). And you get to watch the acts on the bandstand and also go to the CN tent. A really nice way to start the day.  

For booze there is only one place - the cider bus. Brilliant place to hang out during the early afternoon as well as after midnight if you have no dancing destination to get to. Brilliant. 

I finally made it to the Hare Krishna tent this year - in previous years I had forgotten or made it there only to find out that they had ran out of food (this happened in consecutive years). When I'm on the razz I'm not normally that hungry and I'm also not that mad about dahl, so I asked for a small serve. Thankfully, I was ignored and had a plate full of dahl, pakoras and poppadoms, which are absolutely beautiful. I'll definitely be trying to get back when they are serving in the future. 

Normally I pride myself on taking all of my own booze and doing all of my own cooking, so I rarely bought drinks or food (my record was only spending £2 over the entire 2013 festival). 2016 was our first without a car, so that rule had to be abandoned - it can be a real game changer if you drink a lot of smooth like me. After a Wednesday-night pub crawl and multiple revisits over subsequent years, can confirm that The Bimble Inn is the best pub on site for ale. 

After a massive egg, bacon and mushroom sandwich for breakfast cooked at the tent, this year I found I had no time to eat until midnight to 1am each day. Tried  to eat earlier a couple of times but queues were too long for my getting to gigs deadline. Need to try to take time out to eat at a sensible time next year. 

Everywhere I did eat was great though.

Kedgeree from the Goan Fish Curry place. They really should serve it all day rather than just before 12.

Groovy Smoothies for a sunshine smoothie for breakfast every morning along with a generic bacon roll from wherever.

Despite slagging off La Grande Bouffe for years as just being an expensive sausage and chips, I am now a convert. Kind of glad they've got unpopular as there is never a queue these days.

Any hog roll place.

Vegetarian Delights (aka Not The Hot Dog Stall) for a cheap cup of tea near the Pyramid.

The cake place in The Acoustic field.

The toasty place just down and to the right from The Acoustic field.

Cider Bus for Hot 'n' Spicy.

And if the weather is anything like this year, any bar for a pint of full fat coke with a ton of ice.