Whats your top go-to food and drink venue at Glastonbury?

superhands91

2 hours ago, Bisque said:

During the fest the Bar to the right looking at the Pyramid stage if I’m chilling or waiting for a band to come on there. There’s a slight hill, you can’t quite see the stage due to a barrier but you can hear who is on. Someone will know what it’s called.

Mandela bar I think from the description. Watched many a sub-headliner / headliner from there.

I'm always surprised how well the Goan Fish Curry place lives up to the hope I build all year. It was a struggle this year watching Slowthai with it this year, didn't really compliment the weather... The flip of that though is that it warmed me up watching Micheal Kiwanuka in 2016. Kept me company during J5 many moons ago when I lost my mates, stood on a bench and danced with it. Basically its really convenient there's a festival built around the Goan Fish Curry place I go daan saath for every year.

I normally get a lagerhita from Beat hotel as well, didn't really stand up to the weather this year though and cost me a tenner so that tradition may be over.

This year it was mostly the paella place. Delicious. So had a few of those. The battered chips from the chip truck were awesome. Also the crumble place which I found too late. Could have made that a regular stop. The brandy hot chocolate in the small world cafe always welcome when the sun goes down. Could murder Anna maes mac n cheese right now. 

In the sin bin, that god awful raclette place by west holts. Most got thrown in the bin. Stick to the rac shack in future. 

Biggest disappointment after being a favourite stop off for a stodge hit is le grand bouffe. Smushy mash in some stock does not a tartiflette make. Gutted. 

1 hour ago, cammie81 said:

Mandela bar I think from the description. Watched many a sub-headliner / headliner from there.

Thank you!

Not a nice bar by any means, just a big tent but never had to wait long to get an ale & if it’s sunny it’s nice just to sit outside on the grass, have a chat & have some music you may have heard on the radio playing or a band you like but aren’t overly arsed about in the background. Last I remember was LDR but there must have been many more since.

You can’t really do that anywhere near the Other stage as far as I know.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Homer said:

If you eat infrequently, then I find a little pie and mash goes a long way. Though Square Pie has gone to the wall sadly...

The square pie was the go to place for us during the mud of 2016. Comfort food! For some reason decent weather makes me more adventurous with the food! 

10 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

This year it was mostly the paella place. Delicious. So had a few of those. The battered chips from the chip truck were awesome. Also the crumble place which I found too late. Could have made that a regular stop. The brandy hot chocolate in the small world cafe always welcome when the sun goes down. Could murder Anna maes mac n cheese right now. 

In the sin bin, that god awful raclette place by west holts. Most got thrown in the bin. Stick to the rac shack in future. 

Biggest disappointment after being a favourite stop off for a stodge hit is le grand bouffe. Smushy mash in some stock does not a tartiflette make. Gutted. 

Sadly I think Rac Shack has gone downhill.  It's great that they've grown due to popularity, but the production line of cheese grills in the back of the stall meant that it just wasn't coming out as fresh as it should, and the spuds were underdone when I had it.

Hoping it was a one off and will be back on form next year.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Definitely a place that jumped the sharkiflette

Always found it massively overrated ever since I started going. Never got the vibe.

A big thali platter from Gandhi's Flip Flop, and the fritters from No Bones Jones. Get them in my face please

I did the Deluxe Diner in The Rocket Lounge in Shangrila a couple of years back. 

The food was great and the atmosphere was actually amazing... I was a bit hesitant when we booked it that we'd feel like there was somewhere else we'd rather be but it beat my expectations and I reckon I'll try and book again next year.

We went for the Wednesday early eve so there wouldn't be any music clashes :) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

We used to love the Quack Shack which was in the marketplace on the left-hand side of the pyramid, delicious duck wraps/rolls and sweet potato fries. It was also part of the food for £5 scheme and you got a very generous helping. Sadly, they weren't there last year! 

There was a duck roll place neat to west holts. It's call the duck truck:

http://www.theducktruck.com

We enjoyed eating here They will in the marketplace heading up towards West Holts , and it cheered us up when they were as at Tramlines a few weeks later.

IMG_0211.jpg

28 minutes ago, Quark said:

Sadly I think Rac Shack has gone downhill.  It's great that they've grown due to popularity, but the production line of cheese grills in the back of the stall meant that it just wasn't coming out as fresh as it should, and the spuds were underdone when I had it.

Hoping it was a one off and will be back on form next year.

Aw man! I guess that's why they get moved on when quality goes down. Time for Le Grand Bouffe to step up or give up as well. 

The fishfinger butties deserve a mention as well with a turtle dove cocktail from the peacock place. ?

Really enjoyed the deluxe diner roast when we had it a few years ago and sounds like that has much improved. Too hard to decide a time though and a fair bit of wedge to spend and get distracted with something else. 

1 hour ago, Harry_W01 said:

I can't remember the name but it was the mac n cheese place in the cinema field, all I remember is they has something called the 'Annie Mac' on the menu and it was the only proper meal I had all weekend and still couldn't finish it!

Your talking about Anna Mae's!

It's always lovely.  They were at Noisily this year too.

http://www.anna-maes.com/mac-n-cheese/

aig_30_cropped_38_400x240.jpg

• Upvote 1

After being away for 6 years I'm hoping for the lamb burgers again which were divine and near the cider bus I think ?!

Also had vegetable thali somewhere which was awesome.

In 2007 amidst the mud chaos we found a seat for some grub in the park and was chuffed to see John Noakes and his family behind us I know that dates me somewhat but I was a wee tadpole when he was on. Blue Peter. I mostly remember him from his bizarre cameo in Flash Gordon.