Whats your top go-to food and drink venue at Glastonbury?

superhands91

Eating at different places each day and trying new foods is one of the highlights of the festival for me. Last year was amazing; it's sunny / dry and you can sit on the grass with your pals and soak up the picnic vibes. As I always go somewhere different I can never end up remembering what I got from where. Plenty of good breakfast spots around Williams Green and evening food around West Holt's. Park is great too. Though there is a lot, I'm not overly fussed on the selection that surrounds the Other Stage. Particularly Welsh Oggys.

Edited by jyoung
  • Upvote 1

Haven't got a pic but the Katsu Curry place at the back of the Other Stage was insanely good, had it twice over the weekend. Then had it again at Kendal Calling, really good stuff. 

Drinks wise I'm fairly easy, Brothers Bar is usually a safe bet, the toffee apple cider is top notch. Some nice cocktails in the Bimble Inn which were a nice refresher on the Thursday. Avalon Cafe has a nice vibe too.

Cider Bus near to the Pyramid absolutely drained my wallet this year however it sells amazing cider especially during a hot day, there's not much better in your steel cup. 

Food wise I love loads all over the festival but the Yorky Pudding places dotted around are fantastic. Special shout out to Pimp my Fries on a drunken return to camp but I tried the fish finger sandwich place in the T&C fields this year and ordered "The Whale" which i think was 6 Fish fingers and a waffle along with other fillings. They seemed surprised when I finished it but then understood when they realised I'd just finished a 8 hour shift after partying the whole night before. 

Wham Bam Tikka (near the Pyramid - walking to towards the band stand)

Anna Mae's Mac and Cheese. There were 2 of those this year. One at the acoustic another near the WH (I think)

Cheese Toastie - the vendor pretty near Arcadia. We camped near there and they were great.

The baker pretty close to cheese toastie.

Wood fired Pizza near the Glade

used to be the cheese toastie place on the corner of the main drag by the acoustic / entrance to blazing saddles field - for a few years that was pretty much the ONLY thing i ate!

but its not been so good over the past couple of festivals for some reason.

this year my big discovery was that the Goan Fish Curry place did an absolutely delicious vegetarian dish!!!

it was so good i had it for lunch every day!

favourite place to drink is bread & roses and the "bar" bar and their frozen margaritas! 

1 hour ago, Rubber Soldier said:

The frozen margaritas from the bar in the big tent in Williams Green saved my life this year. Drained my wallet though. 

I was in the same boat, except the place I was frequenting was near the EE tent in the Glade. The most money I've ever spent at Glastonbury. 

I had my s'well bottle with me, which is triple insulated, and keeps my ice frozen solid for about 24hrs under normal conditions. I refilled every single time I passed by that are. Even on the Saturday when I opened that sucker up the cold air would just come pouring out. Combine that with Carl Cox's set in the Glade-Shade and I had it made. 

I used to get a Big Dog from the Growler place every other day, it was so stodgy it would Be all I needed for the day. I found the bacon in the Growler far too salty, the sausage in the Big Dog was poor but it was just a thing we did. I don’t think it will be missed much.

I try & find the Lamb Shack (is it even still there) or anywhere that just looks like it does decent looking food, so nowhere normally around Silver Hayes to Pyramid Stage.

As for drinks, Brothers Bar on the Wednesday for our group meet up then onto the Bimble Inn later on after getting quite hammered.

During the fest the Bar to the right looking at the Pyramid stage if I’m chilling or waiting for a band to come on there. There’s a slight hill, you can’t quite see the stage due to a barrier but you can hear who is on. Someone will know what it’s called.

Then the bars around the circus fields as they sell ale & we go sit & watch some comedy/get out of the sun during the day.

Maybe a stop at the Cider Bus on our way. There’s only one cider I like from there though. Was nice to get a mulled cider when it was cold & rainy during U2 a few years ago. Only time I’ve got a drink from there in the evening.

Later on in the evening I’m not so fussed where I get a drink as long as I can get a cider & not lager. This might sound a bit rank but sometimes I’ll top up my cold cider with a warm can I’ve been carrying around, I can’t normally taste anything weird by this point.

I rarely buy cocktails or shorts as they disappear in seconds, I cba to go queue back up once sat down & I find them far too expensive.

Edited by Bisque