Down The Rabbit Hole 2020

gregory

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some questions for the locals:

Is it easy to go to/from Nijmegen? Is a possibility to stay there? Any taxi/uber during the night? 

On the other hand how are toilets/showers at campsite and festival? 

Is there craft beer at festival or nearby? 

Thanks in advance 

42 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Some questions for the locals:

Is it easy to go to/from Nijmegen? Is a possibility to stay there? Any taxi/uber during the night? 

On the other hand how are toilets/showers at campsite and festival? 

Is there craft beer at festival or nearby? 

Thanks in advance 

Hi Alan,

I went by car, so couldn't tell you about the public transport. I know many people come by train and shuttle bus and I hear it's pretty well organised, so wouldn't expect any problems there.

After that, it's very much focused on people camping. Haven't heard anybody staying in hotels, if there even are any nearby. It's pretty much in the middle of  nowhere, so I have no idea if/how taxi/uber service runs there. Especially with everyone having weekend tickets.

On the other hand, camping and sanitary facilities are well organised and pretty clean. You can't go wrong with any Dutch festival for that matter, is my experience.

As for craft beer, there is a Brand (Dutch beer brand owned by Heineken) specialty beer bar on the festival site where you can buy something else than your typical festival lagers. This year there was also a cider stand.

Edited by visdave34
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Hi Alan,

I went by car, so couldn't tell you about the public transport. I know many people come by train and shuttle bus and I hear it's pretty well organised, so wouldn't expect any problems there.

After that, it's very much focused on people camping. Haven't heard anybody staying in hotels, if there even are any nearby. It's pretty much in the middle of  nowhere, so I have no idea if/how taxi/uber service runs there. Especially with everyone having weekend tickets.

On the other hand, camping and sanitary facilities are well organised and pretty clean. You can't go wrong with any Dutch festival for that matter, is my experience.

As for craft beer, there is a Brand (Dutch beer brand owned by Heineken) specialty beer bar on the festival site where you can buy something else than your typical festival lagers. This year there was also a cider stand.

And last year we had a Lagunitas steamboat bar, which was awesome.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, alan_ts said:

Thank you guys, I'm in :)

After having convinced my friend that needs golden toilets, I also booked a belltent for 6 people. 

One of the best lineup so far, I'm really excited. 

Awesome, you'll have a ball I'm sure. That weekend I'm at Werchter or DTRH, not decided yet. If the latter, let's meet for a beer!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, visdave34 said:

Awesome, you'll have a ball I'm sure. That weekend I'm at Werchter or DTRH, not decided yet. If the latter, let's meet for a beer!

Sure :)

I begin with a series of questions :)

What's the running hours of the shuttle bus from/to Wjichen? We could arrive on Thursday night. 

32 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

What's the running hours of the shuttle bus from/to Wjichen? We could arrive on Thursday night. 

Haha, fair enough.

Campsite is open from 12 at noon on Thursday until 2PM on Monday. Shuttle service definitely runs between these hours, website says approximately every 20 minutes.

https://downtherabbithole.nl/english

• Like 1

20 hours ago, alan_ts said:

Primavera is out, what could we expect in the second wave of artists? 

1 hour ago, alan_ts said:

Primavera is out, what could we expect in the second wave of artists? 

That's really hard to say at this point. PS is a week before Best Kept Secret, so I expect they will share more acts with BKS than DTRH. After the next lineup drop of BKS, we could make a slightly more educated guess. Also, RW will probably start announcing a lot more names from next week, that'll also be a good indicator.

Edited by visdave34

4 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

That's really hard to say at this point. PS is a week before Best Kept Secret, do I expect they will share more acts with BKS than DTRH. After the next lineup drop of BKS, we could make a slightly more educated guess. Also, RW will probably start announcing a lot more names from next week, that'll also be a good indicator.

Fair enough. Actually DTRH and Primavera share lot of acts, that's why I've had a look to PS poster. Looking at past lineups/clashfinders I assume DTRH is missing some big name and also some dj.

Let's see, there are tons of good acts around next summer, finger crossed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2020 at 12:27 PM, visdave34 said:

Interesting, I have heard that toilet arrangements at Dutch festivals can be quite complicated for foreigners. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InR7tip2Izk

6 minutes ago, bryano1000 said:

Considering this. Looks similar to Body and Soul here in Ireland with a focus on non-music activities/areas to explore? 

Is the next announcement imminent? Would love the Strokes to be added but could be wishful thinking...

Strokes are at BKS. They won't be added.