6 Music Festival 2020

Jon F

5 minutes ago, SalviaPlath said:

Sympathy for the guy whose dick fell off because of a rare all women lineup at a festival. Life must be tough for you pal.

Sorry for you as being someone who doesn't understand the nuance of this or is unable to debate ways to overcome gender segregation.

You're clearly more into actual segregating and dividing. "As if posh boys like football", you wrote elsewhere about Mumford and Sons.

I wasn't and to try until 13:30, but only missed out on Michael Kiwanuka of the three Roundhouse main space nights. Hoping I can pick that up from somewhere as I haven't caught him or Brittany Howard and its a couple of years since I saw Black Midi. Also, very surprisingly, was and to pick up a ticket to the Introducing event in the Sackler on the Wednesday. Thought they would've been long gone at £5.

It's a fairly interesting main-stage line-up for me. A lot of acts I like, but wouldn't necessarily go to all of their own shows. The smaller stages though are generally quite predictable and easy to see, although on the whole great bands. Those seeing BCNR and the Squid-Warmducher run are in for a treat. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

Anybody know how strict they'll be on checking IDs for this?

I am after a ticket for tonight however I don't want to buy one and then not be let in because I'm not with the lead booker.

I received this info from them the other day, which suggests they will be quite strict but I don't remember having my ID checked at the Roundhouse before. That said, I will be taking it (always a pain as I only have my passport):

https://media.ticketmaster.co.uk/tm/en-gb/img/static/pdf/2020/6-music/katetempest_sunday.pdf

You could try to arrange to enter with the booker?

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I received this info from them the other day, which suggests they will be quite strict but I don't remember having my ID checked at the Roundhouse before. That said, I will be taking it (always a pain as I only have my passport):

https://media.ticketmaster.co.uk/tm/en-gb/img/static/pdf/2020/6-music/katetempest_sunday.pdf

You could try to arrange to enter with the booker?

I think I was checked at the Roundhouse for Ed Sheeran & Biffy before, so it does happen sometimes, so  worth bringing ID.

I've found one bloke selling a ticket but he's not going himself....seems really OTT to have to go in with the person who bought the tickets, and there must be loads of people trying to offload their own tickets now that Michael Kiwanuka has pulled out.

I guess I either find someone selling a ticket who's going themselves, or just risk it from this bloke on twitter.

Edit: Obviously I will have ID myself, but it won't match the name on the ticket which seems like it has to unless you're with the person whose name is on there

Edited by Sean1234321

2 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

Just seems mad to turn people away who have a valid ticket...what do they care where it came from?

Surely it's better to have as many people in there as possible buying drinks etc.

Anti-touting measures innit. They don't want people to profit from reselling. I know that's not what's happening in your case, but that's why the strict measures are in place.