6 Music Festival 2020

Jon F

28 minutes ago, Jon F said:

Camden Town 6-8 March.

Looking forward to it but a little surprised they've gone London based when I always thought part of the remit was to take the acts to people might not usually get to see them.

Seems very "path of least resistance" choosing Camden.  Unless they've got something elaborate cooked up... with holding it in London you'd hope it'd raise the caliber of the artists they could entice to take part,

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Also I was wondering: how on earth did they get Depeche Mode a few years ago? That's an insane booking

They had an album out at the same time. Doing the 6music festival is a reciprocal thing – you're guaranteed radio play and a broadcast of your live set. It's just a loss-leading promo opportunity for most bands, the same way they'd do a TV show.

22 minutes ago, Snerrick said:

Has anybody been to this before? Wondering what sort of price we'd be looking at..

There's no wristband to access all the shows so you have to buy individual tickets. Last year in Liverpool every show (which featured 3-5 acts) ranged from about £15 – £35 + fees. There are day events, evening shows and 'late' clubnight type things so it really adds up if you want to go to a few over the weekend.

Edited by jannybruck

5 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Any guesses on who might play?

Also I was wondering: how on earth did they get Depeche Mode a few years ago? That's an insane booking

Worth noting Depeche Mode's last gig in Glasgow before that sold horrifically. So it gave them a chance to play a smaller venue there under a different banner other than their own.

12 hours ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, if you can get a ticket - which is the difficult part.

True for every year except this year in Liverpool. I'd imagine that made a sizeable loss, possibly leading to the choice of a location where they're very likely to sell out in 2020?

Edited by JHad