John Fruiscante rejoining RHCP

Madyaker

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

...but why are they absolutely arse biscuits live? 

Yes, yes, good input. 

For what it's worth, I've seen them multiple times and enjoyed each show. 

Anyway, on topic, this is pretty exciting news. News I didn't know I needed. Wonder how/why it came about?

I've seen them a few times and they were never terrible. They were quality on the By the Way tour around 2003 and that included Frusciante. The last two times I've seen them without him, the shows very much had the feeling of a band going through the motions. That doesn't stop you enjoying the classics with a beer in hand though, you're just not walking away with your jaw on the floor. Hopefully John coming back gives them a bit of a shot in the arm, as when he's up for it, he pumps a lot of energy in to that band. Other Stage headliner would be great fun! 

Edited by Familiar2billions

10 hours ago, Superscally said:

...but why are they absolutely arse biscuits live? 

I think the question is more why are they massively inconsistent live? Seen both extremes over the years. When they're off they're absolutely but dreadful but when they nail it...

Also, kudos for the use of arse biscuits.  A favourite old phrase of mine :D

Can’t help but be pessimistic and think this is to do with him being skint after his divorce a few years ago as he seemed firmly done with the band last time he left, but I suppose a lot can change in ten years. If nothing else it’ll make me at least curious to check out their new material, even if it’ll no doubt still be shite.

54 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

They've had as many guitarists as Oasis have had drummers*, but Fruiscante is the classic Chillis guitarist.  If anyone can get some of their credibility back, it's him.

* Totally unchecked "fact", but you know, a lot of them.

Hillel Slovak (died) - John Frusciante - Dave Navarro - John Frusciante - Josh Klinghoffer - John Frusciante

9 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Hillel Slovak (died) - John Frusciante - Dave Navarro - John Frusciante - Josh Klinghoffer - John Frusciante

Thought that, but they had a bit of a chop and change between those as well.  Not for long, but had a few fillers as well

10 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Tony McCarroll, Alan "Whitey" White, Zak Starkey, Chris Sharrock.  

Four in each band. Looks like I was about right, as long as I don't count Steve "Whitey" White who didn't seem to play on any records.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Oasis_band_members