The Taylor Swift Reaction Poll

Hugh Jass

The Taylor Swift Reaction Poll  

478 members have voted

1. 1. What are we thinking?

• Fantastic! Won’t her miss her for anything!
    • Good. Will probably be there.
    • Might pop along if nothing else grabs my fancy.
    • Not my thing, will probably be elsewhere.
    • Boo! Bring out the proper bands for the lads
    • I am Neil Lonsdale

42 minutes ago, jaimebionic said:

The comments on this forum are so much more enlightened and refreshing than those on facebook. On here even if you don't like her you at least respect that is a strong booking. People on Facebook just make me want to kill myself! 

I'll go and see her cause she has enough hits for it To be a good show I think, but I wouldn't pay to see her at her own gig. 

To be fair, if Rage against the Machine or Guns n Roses had been booked instead, many of the very ones complaining about the negative reaction to Taylor Swift would be posting negative stuff about the Rock bookings. 

‘Dad rock’, ‘gammons’, ‘oldies’ ‘lads’, etc.etc

I think we all need to accept that any booking will be split between the people who think it’s a good booking and the ones who don’t.

Unfortunately the Internet means that we all feel the need to let everyone know our opinions of the booking.

Im sure Some Taylor Swift fans were among the ones who had a meltdown when Metallica were booked, that didn’t bother me any more than any Taylor Swift fans should be worried about the fact that I’ll be elsewhere.

Edited by rivalschools.price

She's a great booking. I think provided I get a ticket in the resale it's unlikely there wouldn't be something else that I wouldn't want to see more but purely because as a 6 Music listener I don't really know much of her stuff apart from Shake It Off (which I think is a tune) but she is the biggest star in the world right now. Good on them for getting her there. 

I was also seriously impressed with her acceptance speech for Billboard's woman of the decade. She's a smart lady. I'm just not really her demographic. 

Shes honestly never been an artist I've really "connected " with on the lyrical front, but I do like a bit of her stuff and also respect what shes doing. 

I've also heard from people who have seen her stadium tour that it's the best show theyve ever seen ever. Im not sure how that will translate onto the Pyramid but I would imagine her set is going to be unmissable. 

There are a few other acts that may pull me away or split my time if they were on a different stage at the same time. 

I'd say 90% I'll be there. 

48 minutes ago, jaimebionic said:

The comments on this forum are so much more enlightened and refreshing than those on facebook. On here even if you don't like her you at least respect that is a strong booking. People on Facebook just make me want to kill myself! 

I'll go and see her cause she has enough hits for it To be a good show I think, but I wouldn't pay to see her at her own gig. 

That’s why this forum is a fun place to chat Glastonbury. Way more respectful than other corners of the internet 

11 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Shes honestly never been an artist I've really "connected " with on the lyrical front, but I do like a bit of her stuff and also respect what shes doing. 

I've also heard from people who have seen her stadium tour that it's the best show theyve ever seen ever. Im not sure how that will translate onto the Pyramid but I would imagine her set is going to be unmissable. 

There are a few other acts that may pull me away or split my time if they were on a different stage at the same time. 

I'd say 90% I'll be there. 

I have been at her Stadium tour and can completely concur with that - absolutely incredible and up there with the best gigs I have ever been to to.  Her stadium tours do have a huge production that she will not have at Glastonbury.  Some artists would be exposed without all that, but I actually think Taylor will be even better on the Pyramid - some of her best and most memorable performances are those were it is just her and her piano, or her playing some of her tracks acoustically.  I think she will really surprise a lot of people

Edited by circus92

37 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Totally entitled to your opinion but I'm sorry that's bollocks. She's a fantastic booking, probably the best they could have made other than the out of touch acts who have stayed away. 

Fair enough you wont be there but she will have a huge crowd...=great booking 

You can still have a huge crowd and be a shit booking.

• Upvote 1

I'm with Chalmers and Maelzoid.  I will undoubtedly be elsewhere as her stuff just doesn't do anything for me, but also recognise that she's huge, critically acclaimed, and a fantastic booking.

And if it causes a few blood vessels to explode on social media, all the better

12 hours ago, jaimebionic said:

Well, of course. And for 2 main reasons, I think:

1. Nearly all of us here have actually been to the festival and fully appreciate that there is a diversity of talent on offer, and the sheer number of stages available means that there are always alternatives to acts we don't personally enjoy. I suspect many of the nay-sayers have not ever been, and in a lot of cases don't have tickets for next year anyway.

2. People here are generally decent. Even the politics threads have been to a great extent fairly civil.

I used to be  a right musical fascist in my younger years. If I didn't like it, it must be shit. I have thankfully grown out of that mindset.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

Quite simply - THE best possible Glastonbury news for me.

really couldn’t care less who else is or is not playing - thats me done now.

?

Happy for you pal, always good to see someone properly made up about a booking

45 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I used to be  a right musical fascist in my younger years. If I didn't like it, it must be shit. 

i think most people are like this - in my teenage years if it weren't death metal then i didn't want to know!

i wonder what my 14yo self would say if he knew in his middle age years he would be VERY happy about the news we are discussing here! 

Just wait until Kendrick is announced, the meltdown will be fully in play on social media. Will make the reaction to Macca and Swifty seem tame. 

A lot of it will be borderline racism as well. I've already seen some comments like that about him just being rumoured. 

3 minutes ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

i think most people are like this - in my teenage years if it weren't death metal then i didn't want to know!

i wonder what my 14yo self would say if he knew in his middle age years he would be VERY happy about the news we are discussing here! 

I'm exactly the same. Hated anything that wasn't very very heavy and was adamant my opinion would never change. Still love that now but also expanded my music taste way beyond it