• Brexit Party
    • Conservatives
    • Green Party
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • SNP
    • UKIP
    • Other

I've seen a lot of posts on twitter - and have to admit I saw the same when I went to vote - that there are bigger queues than normal and a lot of people under 30 seem to be voting, which can only be a good thing for Labour.

My friend also just mentioned to be the odds on Labour winning are shorter than they were for Trump and Brexit but look where that ended up. BELIEVE :) 

My constituency (Southport) is one of the marginal seats that has been talked about in the Guardian.  It's the only constituency in Merseyside that voted in a conservative MP in 2017 (the shame!) and is in a three way fight.  The consensus across tactical voting sites has been to vote for Labour so I'm voting for them in the hope that it will oust our ineffective MP and turn Merseyside completely red.

If proportional representation was a thing then I'd vote Green with little hesitation but we are where we are and Labour is a lot easier to vote for than the Lib Dems at the moment.

I wouldn't say I'm optimistic though, it feels at the moment the best we can hope for is a hung parliament but I hope that would be enough to mitigate the worst of the Tories and their destructive brexit plan.

12 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

If proportional representation was a thing then I'd vote Green

when we the PR vote? 2011? (i'd guess without checking). Be interested to know how the result would change now if a vote was made on it. 

I've lost count of the times I've read 'I'd vote Green if it counted'.

1 minute ago, Yokel Again said:

when we the PR vote? 2011? (i'd guess without checking). Be interested to know how the result would change now if a vote was made on it. 

I've lost count of the times I've read 'I'd vote Green if it counted'.

That was AV, not PR.  I voted for it but I think I was the only one who did!

2 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Don`t want to de-rail the thread but as I understand it, you`ll still be able to vote Labour, Green or even Tory should Scotland go with Indy. The difference being you'll get to keep  the Leader who gets the most votes.

You will still be able to care just as much about poverty and homelessness in Cardiff, London, Belfast or anywhere else in the World for that matter :)

I know what you are saying but I am a dyed in the wool labour supporter and want Scotland to be part of a United Kingdom. I dont want to see more division and years of wrangling over another referendum. I am sure there are many nationalists who believe in what they are doing is best for the country but I can’t see the economic and social benefits of breaking the union.  Unity is strength. I respect your views however. 

Anyway I couldn’t see my precious Glastonbury be in a different country! 

Re the exit poll, I left our polling station and was asked by a guy in a Mori jacket with exit polster on it how I voted.  Seems he was doing the BBC one,  Not as important as the e fest poll of course!  

Labour through and through.

My constituency (in a particularly remain-y part of London) saw a Tory majority of ~10,000 reduced to around 1500 last time out so hoping to get over the hump today. Helps that our incumbent, who was one of the few Tories in the same postcode as being sane and respectable, got purged a few months back and is standing down.

If I lived 100 yards down the road I'd be in another constituency and (semi-reluctantly) voting Lib Dem, because literally anything is better than the cabal of arseholes that is the current conservative party

Edited by waltere
Resolving autocorrect

This is probably the most calm chat about the election I’ve come across.

Throughout these past two weeks I’ve been slammed by labour supporters for tactical voting Lib Dem. I saw on twitter a few days ago there was a small movement of people shaming Lib Dem voters for being yellow tories.

Die hard reds like this really don’t help the issue.

1 hour ago, mashedonmud said:

I've finally made my decision. It's been a monumental task of heart versus head versus what the fuck is happening. I'm at a complete loss regards politics. 

My constituency is Tory, by a huge margin. So a vote for Labour is not gonna change a thing. In fact using the ballot paper to wipe my arse would be more useful. Voting Lib, as above, they faired better than labour last time, albeit still no hope. I have an Independent but he's a cock and my vote would be wasted. It's tradition to have a local nutter standing as an independent here, i was tempted but whilst slightly amusing still a wasted vote. I've even considered a protest vote, which really goes against the grain for me,  saying "none of the above" as they do get counted. If done correctly. But still a waste. 

My heart has won, I've voted for the Greens.  Solely because if I get grandchildren I'd like to look them in the eye and say honestly.

"I TRIED"

I'd just like to enquire why Crazyfool didn't vote KNR Scaffolding, ? I'd of voted for them if they stood round here. Far better than the shower of pooh I got to choose from. ?

Gonna need more than scaffolding to prop the country up if the torys get back in unfortunately 

3 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Not voted yet but will be voting Labour later.

Rees-Mogg is our current MP here in North East Somerset and it's painful to say that unless there is a large swing of 10k or so votes it's likely to remain the case :unsure:

My vote has joined yours in the attempt to oust Mogg. Only another 9998 to go!!

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

This is probably the most calm chat about the election I’ve come across.

Throughout these past two weeks I’ve been slammed by labour supporters for tactical voting Lib Dem. I saw on twitter a few days ago there was a small movement of people shaming Lib Dem voters for being yellow tories.

Die hard reds like this really don’t help the issue.

I don't get shaming people for voting tactically. Nonsense.

I'm absolutely a Labour voter and would love a Labour government again, but the Tories are destroying this country and I support stopping them in any way possible.