• Conservatives
    • Green Party
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • SNP
    • UKIP
    • Other

6 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Come and join us on the Emerald Isle lads :D it’s just like the uk but with a slightly less shit government and much better Guinness. If you’ve one Irish grandparent you can get a passport. 

Still have mine. We'll see although Scotland is looking like a better prospect for the future. 

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

The company I work for has recently bought out a major concern in Scotland, that was about to be closed down ?

The pound was acting funny tonight as well. We're now in the era of corruption, fake news, lies are truth and truth are lies. NHS dismantling and a shitty exit from the EU. I guess now we sit back and watch the world burn. Literally. 

We live in a Tory country. As much as we like to pretend otherwise.

They have totally taken over. The left in the UK is dead. It doesn’t connect with the majority.

i love the left in the country. I love my dreams for how the country could be but it is just a dream. I truly think after tonight the left is totally dead.

I love you all. But our dreams are just dreams.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

They have totally taken over. The left in the UK is dead. It doesn’t connect with the majority.

i love the left in the country. I love my dreams for how the country could be but it is just a dream. I truly think after tonight the left is totally dead.

*points at mug and waves jar of nescafe*

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Not all of us.

Milk and sugar?

Well normally I sit up half way through the night watching the election results come in.  But tonight it's so depressing, and now seemingly predictable, that it's probably a mug of cocoa and bed.  Trying to give myself a few crumbs of comfort, the Jezza project looks pretty finished.  Labour will have to re-group and find itself again.  The Lib Dems will start searching for a replacement for Swinson and, hopefully, Boris's Brexit won't now be quite as severe and rushed as, hopefully, there will be a few slightly more moderate Tories to balance the real loonies.  Hopefully we will have also seen and heard the last of Farage for a while.

7 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Jezza has monumentally fucked this. Hard to get away from that. 

Labour just totally ignored their electorate when it came to Brexit. Swathes of Labour heartland voted for Brexit yet their mps voted against their electorates wishes in parliament. Added to that Jezza just sat on the fence impotently even though he wanted to leave personally. It was a suicide mission from the off.

Labour MP's ignored their constituents and forgot that their principal job is to represent the people who put them there in the first place. As hard as this is for me to stomach as a Labour supporting remainer, this outcome is not really surprising is it?

Edited by eastynh

2 minutes ago, blue6field said:

Hopefully Ian Duncan Smith too

We'd be here all night listing the odious little toads. Raab and his smirk and the gall of him telling people that food banks are episodical due to poor money management can get in the sea.