• Conservatives
    • Green Party
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • SNP
    • UKIP
    • Other

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’ve usually spent most election nights awake watching the results come in. Tonight though I’m going to try and avoid all news and sleep.

That was my plan but next thing I knew, I'd bought a load of nibbles and mixers just in case the exit poll gives me a reason to stay up.

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Realistically whats the best result we can hope for here, is it a hung parliament?

Unfortunately the Tories likely to win the most seats but not by the margin being predicted a few weeks back.

If Labour aren’t too far behind then the smaller parties come in to play.

Sturgeon won’t do anything that puts Boris in number 10.

Labour need to get decent numbers though.

I can't wait till my kids have cleared all our mess up and roll their eyes at me with a sighed 'Ok, millenial', cringing at how the nation of the 2010s treated those worse off than us, shut ourselves off from our international neighbours and laughed in the face of the planet dying. "I voted Labour, I promise!" I'll shout at the finally-getting-what-they're-due nurse but it won't matter coz this whole decade is gonna be remembered as a fucking low point. So be it if it means the kids will do us a favour and sort it out. 

Any-hoo polls close in a few minutes, feeling quietly optimistic.

The thing that is so strange for me is that I barely know anyone who votes Conservative. Thats not just in real life, that includes internet places like celebs on twitter and folk on this very forum. So clearly all the Tory voters are outside of my radar. Same thing happened with Brexit.

Edited by Little Andy