• Conservatives
    • Green Party
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • SNP
    • UKIP
    • Other

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Anyone know what happens if Boris doesnt get elected in his constituency ? and the torys get a majority ... we just carry on with a new PM ? 

A sitting PM losing their seat has never happened before, but in the joyous event this happens, he'd have to wait until he represents somewhere to take a seat in parliament. Most likely scenario, he'd crowbar his way into a safe seat, win that, and take his place. But the pressure on him to step down would be enormous.

Just now, kalifire said:

A sitting PM losing their seat has never happened before, but in the joyous event this happens, he'd have to wait until he represents somewhere to take a seat in parliament. Most likely scenario, he'd crowbar his way into a safe seat, win that, and take his place. But the pressure on him to step down would be enormous.

Id just seen that there is only 1% in it in his seat ... so its entirely possible .. :) just imagine the scenes 

My local MP is Tory Alun Cairns; until very recently the Welsh Secretary. He had to resign from that last month after it emerged a former aide of his had sabotaged a rape trial. Cairns had stated he’d been unaware of the aide’s actions; a leaked email show that to be a lie. He’s been our MP for 9 years, I’m desperately hoping we finally give him the boot this year.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/06/alun-cairns-welsh-secretary-resigns-from-cabinet-over-trial-allegations

7 minutes ago, henry bear said:

My local MP is Tory Alun Cairns; until very recently the Welsh Secretary. He had to resign from that last month after it emerged a former aide of his had sabotaged a rape trial. Cairns had stated he’d been unaware of the aide’s actions; a leaked email show that to be a lie. He’s been our MP for 9 years, I’m desperately hoping we finally give him the boot this year.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/06/alun-cairns-welsh-secretary-resigns-from-cabinet-over-trial-allegations

He obviously doesn’t have a daughter....

4 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I've been getting Tory ads on Facebook today. Quite handy as it gave me a chance to let them know exactly how I feel about them without having to search for them

likewise ... the same one repeated ... each time they are getting slated with very few backers and the first disappeared after 60 odd negative comments to be replaced with the same one  ... I even used a simpson gif today for Rebecca Pow 

Labour here in Reading East. Voted at uni instead of home as my house is a tory stronghold. Mum voted lib dems and so did my dad (he lives in a lib dem/tory split, Wallington near Croydon. Hoping the crazy reading east tory doesn't get in whos a climate change denier!

Surprised just how left eFests is too! I expected it to be left but not that left.

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

Labour here in Reading East. Voted at uni instead of home as my house is a tory stronghold. Mum voted lib dems and so did my dad (he lives in a lib dem/tory split, Wallington near Croydon. Hoping the crazy reading east tory doesn't get in whos a climate change denier!

Surprised just how left eFests is too! I expected it to be left but not that left.

I am to be honest. Below is a similar poll from a Manchester City forum. Now Mnnchester has 92 Labour councilors out of a possible 96, with no Tory ones. The last time there was a Tory councilor was in 1987 and I think there has only ever been a handful in history. Now admittedly this poll wll have voters from the more afluent areas of Cheshire where there are Tory MP's, but I am a bit shocked that efests is more left leadi g than a forum that predominantly has Mancunian voters.

The little asterisk shows my choice.

Screenshot_20191212-194516_Chrome.jpg

18 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I am to be honest. Below is a similar poll from a Manchester City forum. Now Mnnchester has 92 Labour councilors out of a possible 96, with no Tory ones. The last time there was a Tory councilor was in 1987 and I think there has only ever been a handful in history. Now admittedly this poll wll have voters from the more afluent areas of Cheshire where there are Tory MP's, but I am a bit shocked that efests is more left leadi g than a forum that predominantly has Mancunian voters.

The little asterisk shows my choice.

Screenshot_20191212-194516_Chrome.jpg

As an aside, Andy Burnham's office is 2 below where I work. Saw him at 6. He was laughing. Im taking that as a good sign.