• Green Party
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • SNP
    • UKIP
    • Other

1 minute ago, mashedonmud said:

We could have a whip round for a taxi

Get in contact with your local Labour party they may well have some volunteers giving lifts to the polling station, if the situation was explained they might by willing to give a lift to babysit whilst someone goes to the polling station.

I know that you sometimes only see what you want to see or that for example on Facebook it's all tailored to your tastes and you see the likes and the shares of people that are generally in the same political mindset but pretty much everything I've seen this week is massively pro-labour. I don't know anyone voting Tory this time around.

Let's hope it carries over to the ballot box.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Have to say I'm utterly dreading the exit poll at 10pm. I just pray that Christmas has prompted people to vote with more compassion and hope than fear and negativity, but I do have a horrible knotty feeling in my stomach about this. 

Same. And to hear it from the same broadcasters who've utterly failed to maintain impartiality would be a bitter pill to swallow.

My hope is that Blair was correct once more, and this cannot be seen holistically but as 650 little general elections all happening locally, with local issues, micro-dynamics and - critically - grass-roots Labour activism which will defy national polls.

I had a super early sleep last night but woke up at 1am and I doubt I'll get sleep before the exit poll at 8:55am my time. If things really don't go our way, I'm leaning on Bercow on Sky to bring us some sense of levity.

1 minute ago, DDave said:

I know that you sometimes only see what you want to see or that for example on Facebook it's all tailored to your tastes and you see the likes and the shares of people that are generally in the same political mindset but pretty much everything I've seen this week is massively pro-labour. I don't know anyone voting Tory this time around.

Let's hope it carries over to the ballot box.

im absolutely the same ... but more lib democrats swaying ... dont know how much this targeted campaigning is having an influence though ... my friend sent me this today and we are in a large tory majority although it has been lib dem in the past ... hoping 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Hows voter turnout? Looking high? Seen mixee reports now

I just searched twitter for 'polling station queue'

There's a fair few pics of actual long queues at polling stations.

But this one is the best...

Capture.JPG

Just now, stuie said:

I just searched twitter for 'polling station queue'

I did the same but altered the Google search dates to 7th May 2015, when the Tories won their only majority outcome for 27 years, and sure enough there were reports of queues, so this sounds like confirmation bias from Labour voters, but fingers crossed.

15 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I did the same but altered the Google search dates to 7th May 2015, when the Tories won their only majority outcome for 27 years, and sure enough there were reports of queues, so this sounds like confirmation bias from Labour voters, but fingers crossed.

Yes, you may be right.  Not gonna lie, it made me feel that we might be looking at a red result here for a few minutes.

5 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

The only opposition to the Tories here ... Think ive voted pretty much liberal  democrat for my whole life ... with a slight diversion to Green for the European Elections 

IMG_5603.jpeg

Snap. I’m actually a LD councillor on district, but if Labour had any kind of vote share where I live then I’d probably be a Labour member. 

5 hours ago, HattersBoy said:

Liberals for me, am in a large majority Tory constituency but the previous Tory MP resigned to go independent due to Brexit so hoping that will split the Tory vote and Liberals who won the council vote to sneak in. 

Was this in Beaconsfield? Exactly the same predicament I’ve had to face today.

58 minutes ago, kalifire said:

My hope is that Blair was correct once more, and this cannot be seen holistically but as 650 little general elections all happening locally, with local issues, micro-dynamics and - critically - grass-roots Labour activism which will defy national polls.

If it is it hasn't felt like it here unfortuantely (mid Derbyshire, Tory59% Labour 36% last time). Our labour  sign was stolen and I haven't seen another... but I have seen several expensive Tory banners (was tempted). Other than that we have received a few flyers but has been pretty quiet. The police advised the candidates not to talk at large gatherings...