• Conservatives
    • Green Party
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • SNP
    • UKIP
    • Other

19 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Genuine question : Why is this forum so Labour-heavy? Even though Glastonbury is pro-labour, I presume most people go for the entertainment, not the politics. Maybe there's a strong relation between the kind of music and entertainment you get at Glastonbury, and Labour? Maybe there's a relation between people who use internet forums, and Labour? Maybe it's just the non-Labour voices on here don't dare come out? Or something else?

I think that's it, that Tory Glastonbury goers are less likely to come on efestivals, and less likely to state who they're voting for too. Not massively, but it is something. 

Just now, Little Andy said:

Ah I think I see. "The nature of the festival". That does indeed correlate to Labour, in my head at least :).

Not exclusively mind.  I think you're much closer to the mark if you categorise it as "not Tory / Brexit Party / UKIP" :)

39 minutes ago, Quark said:

It's one of the things I miss the most in the modern world. Or maybe it was never there and I just notice it more now.

I feel the same, dismayed at the lack of tolerance. That's why I avoid all politics on social media, it's just so nasty.

I'm stopping up late tonight, big vested interest, watching out for Bury South and Bury North, the way I hear it is both are on a knife edge. 

I think that Labour currently is closest to "Old Labour" (non-neoliberal version) that it's been since the 80s... and if you add in all the history (Thatcher, stone henge, the convoy being smashed up) as well as the newer integrated left wing elements (left field, Tony Benn tower, Corbyn on the pyramid), it all points to Glasto enthusiasts being on the left of the political spectrum.

Plus, Michael Eavis explicitly endorsing Labour kinda gives away the place's politics.

52 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Genuine question : Why is this forum so Labour-heavy? Even though Glastonbury is pro-labour, I presume most people go for the entertainment, not the politics. Maybe there's a strong relation between the kind of music and entertainment you get at Glastonbury, and Labour? Maybe there's a relation between people who use internet forums, and Labour? Maybe it's just the non-Labour voices on here don't dare come out? Or something else?

anyone have that photo of Neil in his Corbyn T shirt ? :) 

I might not vote Labour just because Michael suggests it.  But I might not go to Glastonbury if Michael suggested voting for Boris.

Also, not sure I see the Last Night of the Proms as being at the opposite end of the spectrum to Glastonbury.

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Obviously, we're probably a little more left-leaning than a random section of the population but I thought it might be interesting to see how we all voted.

If you've been and voted, where did you put your X?

And here was me thinking I love this forum because of all the festivals chat. Turns out it's cuz you're all a bunch of reds. 

If only this was representative of the electorate. 

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

The only opposition to the Tories here ... Think ive voted pretty much liberal  democrat for my whole life ... with a slight diversion to Green for the European Elections 

IMG_5603.jpeg

I've finally made my decision. It's been a monumental task of heart versus head versus what the fuck is happening. I'm at a complete loss regards politics. 

My constituency is Tory, by a huge margin. So a vote for Labour is not gonna change a thing. In fact using the ballot paper to wipe my arse would be more useful. Voting Lib, as above, they faired better than labour last time, albeit still no hope. I have an Independent but he's a cock and my vote would be wasted. It's tradition to have a local nutter standing as an independent here, i was tempted but whilst slightly amusing still a wasted vote. I've even considered a protest vote, which really goes against the grain for me,  saying "none of the above" as they do get counted. If done correctly. But still a waste. 

My heart has won, I've voted for the Greens.  Solely because if I get grandchildren I'd like to look them in the eye and say honestly.

"I TRIED"

I'd just like to enquire why Crazyfool didn't vote KNR Scaffolding, ? I'd of voted for them if they stood round here. Far better than the shower of pooh I got to choose from. ?

Edited by mashedonmud
I can spell, just not when using predictive text.

24 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

And here was me thinking I love this forum because of all the festivals chat. Turns out it's cuz you're all a bunch of reds. 

If only this was representative of the electorate. 

The puns are normally pretty good as well :)

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I feel the same, dismayed at the lack of tolerance. That's why I avoid all politics on social media, it's just so nasty.

The election has absolutely bolloxed my Twitter feed. I made a conscious decision when I abandoned FB to only use Twitter to keep up to speed with what's going on in the music world, so I only follow bands, venues and record labels.

But I also see what they follow and retweet, so now my feed is one long stream of political posts with the occasional gig announcement thrown in. Basically right back where I started!!  :lol: