• Conservatives
    • Green Party
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • SNP
    • UKIP
    • Other

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Look realistically there are going to be efesters who are tory or even UKIP / Brexit. Stats suggest there have to be. 

If you're one of them reading this, let's be honest it's not going to be popular around here. I would suggest keeping your head down. Lots of shit will be thrown your way. I won't join in because internet arguments, but I cannot support such a vote or perspective on the world.

That is all x

Tolerance.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Where has Rees Mogg been ? Had almost forgotten all about him. That is sad to hear that he will be voted back in. The world`s gone mad.

He's taken himself out of the wider public domain since his Grenfell comments.

He's been doing plenty of canvasing.

8 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Not voted yet but will be voting Labour later.

Rees-Mogg is our current MP here in North East Somerset and it's painful to say that unless there is a large swing of 10k or so votes it's likely to remain the case :unsure:

Surely some posters with this image around the area would help, no?

Capture.JPG

Although you have SNP as an option in the exit poll, there is no option for those of us in Wales who voted Plaid Cymru, so I've had to tick other.  I've never voted Plaid before but my constituency is one where parties have formed an Anti-Brexit Alliance (Plaid, Lib Dems and Greens agreeing on just one party to stand between them to avoid splitting the pro-remain vote).  I'm in a rock-solid Labour seat and In the past I've voted either Lib Dem or Labour.  I have many doubts about the nationalist side of Plaid but at least they are a clear pro-remain party whereas I have even bigger doubts about Corbyn's brexit position.

It's going to be a long night of TV watching.

The optimist in me would be feeling a lot better if it wasn't banging it down with rain. Unfortunately it feels like the inevitable grey doom is here to stay. 

That said, I'll be off to vote for the reds after I finish work. Give me that Brexit vote, take 5 quid more off me a month and allow me to live my life without wanting to throw insults at Tory MPs on twitter. 

1 minute ago, grumpyhack said:

Although you have SNP as an option in the exit poll, there is no option for those of us in Wales who voted Plaid Cymru, so I've had to tick other.  I've never voted Plaid before but my constituency is one where parties have formed an Anti-Brexit Alliance (Plaid, Lib Dems and Greens agreeing on just one party to stand between them to avoid splitting the pro-remain vote).  I'm in a rock-solid Labour seat and In the past I've voted either Lib Dem or Labour.  I have many doubts about the nationalist side of Plaid but at least they are a clear pro-remain party whereas I have even bigger doubts about Corbyn's brexit position.

It's going to be a long night of TV watching.

My apologies - please excuse my ignorance!

I can't edit the poll options after the poll has started - that would be undemocratic :-)

40 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Labour for me, easy choice as I’ve been a lifelong member and was a union rep. There’s a chance we might unseat the sitting nationalist.  Can’t abide the tories obviously and the snp have only one main objective, and I care just as much about poverty and homelessness in Cardiff, London and Belfast as I do about the same problems in Glasgow! 

Don`t want to de-rail the thread but as I understand it, you`ll still be able to vote Labour, Green or even Tory should Scotland go with Indy. The difference being you'll get to keep  the Leader who gets the most votes.

You will still be able to care just as much about poverty and homelessness in Cardiff, London, Belfast or anywhere else in the World for that matter :)

• Upvote 1

Genuine question : Why is this forum so Labour-heavy? Even though Glastonbury is pro-labour, I presume most people go for the entertainment, not the politics. Maybe there's a strong relation between the kind of music and entertainment you get at Glastonbury, and Labour? Maybe there's a relation between people who use internet forums, and Labour? Maybe it's just the non-Labour voices on here don't dare come out? Or something else?

1 hour ago, gizmoman said:

Fair point but it may have been interesting to see how many didn't vote, a lot of people are fed up with politicians at the moment and are refusing to vote for any of them. It will be interesting to see what the overall turnout is today.

You must have an opinion on the past 9 years though?

If you think the last 9 years have been great and you'd like more of the same, vote Tory.

If you think the last 9 years haven't been great and we could use some improvement, vote someone else.

I understand some people may be fed up with politicians but this is an opportunity to, at the very least, change things around if you think they could do with changing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Genuine question : Why is this forum so Labour-heavy? Even though Glastonbury is pro-labour, I presume most people go for the entertainment, not the politics. Maybe there's a strong relation between the kind of music and entertainment you get at Glastonbury, and Labour? Maybe there's a relation between people who use internet forums, and Labour? Maybe it's just the non-Labour voices on here don't dare come out? Or something else?

Sorry to answer a question with questions but were you at Glastonbury on the referendum result day or did you see Jeremy Corbyn on the Pyramid in 2017?

It's nothing to do with non-Labour voices on here not daring to speak out.  The forum seems quite politically representative of the festival to me.

1 hour ago, TheGoodWillOut said:

I'll be worse off under labour, no I don't earn over £80k but I'm a business owner which will mean a rise in dividend tax and corporation tax, however I have to think of my children and their opportunities in life and the services available to them. Because of this, I voted labour. 

Exactly same. 

12 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Even though Glastonbury is pro-labour, I presume most people go for the entertainment, not the politics.

I don't know about that.  Some people certainly, but I think that a greater proportion of people who gravitate back to it (and by extension the obsessives on here) do so because it speaks to something a bit deeper in them than just that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, stuie said:

Sorry to answer a question with questions but were you at Glastonbury on the referendum result day or did you see Jeremy Corbyn on the Pyramid in 2017?

It's nothing to do with non-Labour voices on here not daring to speak out.  The forum seems quite politically representative of the festival to me.

Yeah I was at Glastonbury 2017, so ye I agree that "The forum seems quite politically representative of the festival". My answer is still why, when the country as a whole isn't so clear cut?

p.s I'm not Tory, I'm just trying to understand what correlates Glastonbury goers with Labour, when it appears to be about entertainment more than politics. Unless that's where I'm wrong?

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

I don't know about that.  Some people certainly, but I think that a greater proportion of people who gravitate back to it (and by extension the obsessives on here) do so because it speaks to something a bit deeper in them than just that.

Maybe! If so, that deepens my misunderstanding of why these forums are so Labour heavy compared to the country as a whole. What's the correlation?

Edited by Little Andy

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Libs.  Not in a marginal seat unfortunately, but they're the closest we'll have. Comparing the tactical sites there's no clear agreement, 50/50 split between advising Libs or Lab to out the Tories.  Libs will be most palatable to anyone trying to get them out so I'm on that bandwagon.

Time to hold your noses people...

same here. Chichester. 

1 minute ago, Little Andy said:

Maybe! If so, that deepens my misunderstanding of why these forums are so Labour heavy compared to the country as a whole. What's the correlation?

OK gotcha. I would say...

People who really love and are Glastonbury regulars are more likely to be left leaning due to the nature of the fest

People on this forum are more likely to be Glastonbury obsessives

Therefore people on this forum more likely to be left leaning

That's my theory anyway