• Conservatives
    • Green Party
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • SNP
    • UKIP
    • Other

9 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Not in my case, I live in a safe Labour seat, my vote wouldn't change anything, i'm out of the country at the moment so can't vote, I could have got a postal vote but as I say, wouldn't have changed anything.

Afraid I cant agree with you on that one (which I'm sure breaks your heart :lol: ) as if enough people take that view then it's no longer a safe seat. Every vote, or non vote, counts for something.

But like I said in an earlier post, internet arguments are the devil in so many ways. So I'll agree to differ and leave it there.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Fair point but it may have been interesting to see how many didn't vote, a lot of people are fed up with politicians at the moment and are refusing to vote for any of them. It will be interesting to see what the overall turnout is today.

just been reading an article about the massive queues at some polling stations ... im hoping this means  the turn out is  good although im probably looking through rose ? tinted spectacles  though  ... no queue at mine 

6 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

I mean, I hate the tories, but I understand some people on here may back them. But UKIP? on the glasto efests forum???

Some people are just into festivals for the music and the craic. Social and political messages or leanings can be ignored.

If you want a perfect illustration of that, David Cameron had Eton Rifles on his Desert Island Discs.

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

just been reading an article about the massive queues at some polling stations ... im hoping this means  the turn out is  good although im probably looking through rose ? tinted spectacles  though  ... no queue at mine 

No queue for me either. Noticeably quieter than previous elections at the same time of the morning. 

third time in 5 years and December rainy windy morning though 

Liberal Democrat tactical vote for me here in Somerset but I have an impending sense of doom about the situation, there are similar patterns to last time out. It's the hope that kills you*

* or starvation, homelessness, ridiculously long hospital waiting lists, overstretched GPs, etc, but you know what I mean.

Labour for me, easy choice as I’ve been a lifelong member and was a union rep. There’s a chance we might unseat the sitting nationalist.  Can’t abide the tories obviously and the snp have only one main objective, and I care just as much about poverty and homelessness in Cardiff, London and Belfast as I do about the same problems in Glasgow! 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Surprised to see so many Liberal Democrat’s. All tactical vote yes?

I don't see why they would be.

I'll probably vote Labour tonight because tactically it's the right option where I live. But at this point that's literally the only reason I can still find for doing so. All things being equal I'd much, much rather vote LD in this election as they're advocating an outright revoke and so are the only party giving the best possible answer to the most important issue of the moment.

Labour for me. Cardiff North was fairly close last time I believe so it’s hugely important everyone votes.

Having said all this - Unfortunately all I can see is a Tory majority incoming. Let’s not forget that a lot of people are still swayed by the press and will but so Anti-Corbyn they’ll vote for the Tories just to keep him out. Nuts. But the smear campaign will always be too powerful.

17 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Labour for me, easy choice as I’ve been a lifelong member and was a union rep. There’s a chance we might unseat the sitting nationalist.  Can’t abide the tories obviously and the snp have only one main objective, and I care just as much about poverty and homelessness in Cardiff, London and Belfast as I do about the same problems in Glasgow! 

Hypothetically, would you vote SNP tactically to block a Tory?

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Not voted yet but will be voting Labour later.

Rees-Mogg is our current MP here in North East Somerset and it's painful to say that unless there is a large swing of 10k or so votes it's likely to remain the case :unsure:

Where has Rees Mogg been ? Had almost forgotten all about him. That is sad to hear that he will be voted back in. The world`s gone mad.

47 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Fair point but it may have been interesting to see how many didn't vote, a lot of people are fed up with politicians at the moment and are refusing to vote for any of them. It will be interesting to see what the overall turnout is today.

That’s just not helping any sort of problem though is it.