• Brexit Party
    • Conservatives
    • Green Party
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • SNP
    • UKIP
    • Other

Obviously, we're probably a little more left-leaning than a random section of the population but I thought it might be interesting to see how we all voted.

If you've been and voted, where did you put your X?

Edited by stuie
  • Upvote 1

I'll be worse off under labour, no I don't earn over £80k but I'm a business owner which will mean a rise in dividend tax and corporation tax, however I have to think of my children and their opportunities in life and the services available to them. Because of this, I voted labour. 

• Upvote 12

Libs.  Not in a marginal seat unfortunately, but they're the closest we'll have. Comparing the tactical sites there's no clear agreement, 50/50 split between advising Libs or Lab to out the Tories.  Libs will be most palatable to anyone trying to get them out so I'm on that bandwagon.

Time to hold your noses people...

1 minute ago, grilladelphia said:

each to their own BUT if anyone votes UKIP can we just kick them off the forum now? :) 

Look realistically there are going to be efesters who are tory or even UKIP / Brexit. Stats suggest there have to be. 

If you're one of them reading this, let's be honest it's not going to be popular around here. I would suggest keeping your head down. Lots of shit will be thrown your way. I won't join in because internet arguments, but I cannot support such a vote or perspective on the world.

That is all x

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Labour, was gonna spoil my ballot paper but not worth the risk anymore. Think their current leader will be the reason the Tories get back in again, there's no way to comment that on the ballot though. Think Labour will do well enough again for Corbyn to hang around which won't help.

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Labour, was gonna spoil my ballot paper but not worth the risk anymore. Think their current leader will be the reason the Tories get back in again, there's no way to comment that on the ballot though. Think Labour will do well enough again for Corbyn to hang around which won't help.

There's no way he'll still be leader if the Tories get a majority.

There are only 2 choices. Labour or Lib Dem if its in a Lib/Tory marginal. 

I wonder if we could get a load of them ignorant Tories to vote Labour if we framed things differently.... like.... "If you want to get rid of those pesky homeless people bugging you for money - vote Labour!" I feel thats the type of attitude a lot of Tory voters have. Frame it as doing something for them and not to help others. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Surprised to see so many Liberal Democrat’s. All tactical vote yes?

Not at all. LD policies align with my own sensibilities far more than any other party.

If I were Labour, I'd vote LD for tactical reasons, as Labour don't have a hope in my constituency.

4 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

We need a second poll! This one doesn't have the option for "no one", which is me.

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

If you couldn't be arsed to vote then you're not really in a position to be making any demands.

I'd say if you don't vote you're endorsing the status quo. A no vote is essentially a vote for Boris

(Obviously not the band)

8 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Have managed to convince a colleague not to do this. He's in a pretty solid Labour seat, but can't take any risks.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Surprised to see so many Liberal Democrat’s. All tactical vote yes?

Absobloodylutely

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

There's no way he'll still be leader if the Tories get a majority.

I thought that when Leave won. And then when they didn't realistically get close last time. Now you wonder if its even too late as despite a lot of Labour's policies being great they'll just be seen as Corbyn's policies.

FWIW I don't have anything majorly against the guy but a lot of the issues you read about with people refusing to vote Labour are squarely aimed at his own baggage. Haters gonna hate and all that but you can't help but feel a newer, fresh person up front would only help, a la Tony Blair or David Cameron. It's unfair but its how it works.

6 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

We need a second poll! This one doesn't have the option for "no one", which is me.

It’s an exit poll mate. 

If you’ve not exited then yes, there’s no option for you I’m afraid.

You do have until 10pm to use your vote though. 

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I thought that when Leave won. And then when they didn't realistically get close last time. Now you wonder if its even too late as despite a lot of Labour's policies being great they'll just be seen as Corbyn's policies.

FWIW I don't have anything majorly against the guy but a lot of the issues you read about with people refusing to vote Labour are squarely aimed at his own baggage. Haters gonna hate and all that but you can't help but feel a newer, fresh person up front would only help, a la Tony Blair or David Cameron. It's unfair but its how it works.

I think the difference is this time there's already talk of a couple of his closest allies (McDonnell and Long-Bailey) being touted means conversations have happened.

Personally I'd prefer Laura Pidcock

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'd say if you don't vote you're endorsing the status quo. A no vote is essentially a vote for Boris

(Obviously not the band)

Not in my case, I live in a safe Labour seat, my vote wouldn't change anything, i'm out of the country at the moment so can't vote, I could have got a postal vote but as I say, wouldn't have changed anything.

3 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Not in my case, I live in a safe Labour seat, my vote wouldn't change anything, i'm out of the country at the moment so can't vote, I could have got a postal vote but as I say, wouldn't have changed anything.

not a great attitude there tbh.... every vote counts even in a safe labour seat!

Edited by grilladelphia
typo
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

It’s an exit poll mate. 

If you’ve not exited then yes, there’s no option for you I’m afraid.

You do have until 10pm to use your vote though. 

Fair point but it may have been interesting to see how many didn't vote, a lot of people are fed up with politicians at the moment and are refusing to vote for any of them. It will be interesting to see what the overall turnout is today.