discoveries of 2019

MrKrabs42

18 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Mr Kim, if I may say, I don’t suppose you could give a listen to U2 ‘How to dismantle an atomic bomb’? Just asking ?

Bono is a rogue and a dotard.  I'm happy to say that the album Push the Button by The Chemical Brothers is much more to my liking.

Edited by Kim Wrong-Un
Correction
  • Upvote 2

Bad Suns, Sea Girls, The Rosadocs, The SLP. 

Started digging in to the back catalogues of artists I know but never really explored properly too - RATM / Bon Iver / Tame Impala. 

Began to dig in to some classical music, especially instrumental cover songs. 

Also made a collaborative playlist with a mate where we chip in the hardest DnB we can find, been a fairly varied 2019. 

On 11 December 2019 at 10:51 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

Julia Jacklin - my favourite new artist, seen her 3 times already

Lisa O’Neill - Quirky Irish folk singer

The Comet Is Coming

Stick in the Wheel - Punky London folk

Billie Eilish

....and plenty more, it’s been a good year

The Comet is Coming 

"Summon the Fire"

Edited by marathonsteve
Mainly Stupidy

On 12/12/2019 at 9:16 AM, Quark said:

In terms of new bands / artists I'd not come across or got round to listening to before, there's been loads.  Been a really good year for that.

Bat For Lashes, Cigarettes After Sex, Friendly Fires, IDER, Girli, Mammoth Penguins, Red Rum Club, Richard Hawley, Sacred Paws, She Drew The Gun, Sigrid have all had a fair bit of time in my ears.

Also got to see some great bands live for the first time this year (outside of Glastonbury or I'll be here all day :lol: ). Wood Burning Savages, IDLES, Bedouin Soundclash, Peaness, Bug Eye were all great.

You know this has been - excuse me - a damn fine year of music :)

Caught these at The Great Western Festival in Glasgow last month. Hadn’t heard of them before, but they’re right up my street. 

8 hours ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Caught these at The Great Western Festival in Glasgow last month. Hadn’t heard of them before, but they’re right up my street. 

Me neither, saw them supporting The Beths in August and now got a ticket for their tour in Brighton in Jan.

They're back in Glasgow in Feb as well, the Hug & Pint on Wed 5th

44 minutes ago, Quark said:

Me neither, saw them supporting The Beths in August and now got a ticket for their tour in Brighton in Jan.

They're back in Glasgow in Feb as well, the Hug & Pint on Wed 5th

Aye I saw that. Will definitely try and get along. No excuse not to really, Hug & Pint is literally 5 minutes round the corner from our flat.