discoveries of 2019

MrKrabs42

Idles and Fontaines DC are my second and third favourite bands at the moment. 

I was at Glastonbury this year and hadn't heard of them nor did I see them. It is one of my biggest regrets, but has taught me a valuable lesson to do more due diligence on the line up before attending (this was my first Glastonbury). I've only just started to open my musical world up. 

I've seen them both in London over the past couple weeks to atone for missing them at Glastonbury, and both absolutely blew me away. Idles at Ally Pally, while a divergence from the size and nature of their typical gig, was an amazing and cathartic experience. I hope theyre headlining a stage next year. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 2020 Vision said:

I was at Glastonbury this year and hadn't heard of them nor did I see them. It is one of my biggest regrets, but has taught me a valuable lesson to do more due diligence on the line up before attending (this was my first Glastonbury). I've only just started to open my musical world up. 

Don't beat yourself up. I'm 7 Glastonburies in and I come away every year with that feeling. You'll always miss something.

Best place to start is @Brave Sir Robin's playlist - check out the thread in here somewhere.

4 hours ago, Gromite said:

Sharon Van Etten for me, no idea how i hadn't heard her stuff before, she's great!

Agreed. 

I had listened to 'Are We There' once or twice when it came out and liked it. But she had completely gone off my radar. 

Fast forward 12 months and I've seen her twice, she has done my album and song of the year, and accelerated herself into my top 5 most played Spotify artists of the decade...

Edited by PDAD

Went to a gig last week and the support act blew me away. One of the best gigs I’ve been to.

Everybody listen to Sara Parkman.

’Swedish contemporary folk’ FYI. Shes an absolute superstar, lots of fun chat between songs, got her old man on for a song who is a priest up in the wilds of Norrland. What a gig!

Edited by mattiloy
Sign her up for Williams Green next year plzzzz

2 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

The button on the left of each thread that takes you to your next unread post

Paellaria, Dosa Deli and Jumping Bean Burritos

Sea Girls and Slow Readers Club

Plainsong by The Cure

Mr Kim, if I may say, I don’t suppose you could give a listen to U2 ‘How to dismantle an atomic bomb’? Just asking ?

• Upvote 1