jump

Knotfest 2020

My (not entirely impossible) wishlist: Volbeat, Anthrax, Fever 333, Carcass, Deftones, In This Moment, BFMV, Suicidal Tendencies, Jonathan Davis (solo), Amon Amarth, Body Count (obvs not expecting all of these but a selection would be ace)

Provided this is still on (whether it is on or not will go right down to the wire I believe), Evanescence and Within Temptation have rescheduled their UK tour to early September, and Evanescence seem to have history with Knotfest, so could see them maybe being there. I'm not too familiar with Within Temptation, so don't really know how big they are (assuming fairly big though).

17 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Provided this is still on (whether it is on or not will go right down to the wire I believe), Evanescence and Within Temptation have rescheduled their UK tour to early September, and Evanescence seem to have history with Knotfest, so could see them maybe being there. I'm not too familiar with Within Temptation, so don't really know how big they are (assuming fairly big though).

I'm going to jump on the September tour now, i had to miss it in March originally due to being overseas.

On 5/10/2020 at 12:28 PM, jonday81 said:

I wonder when we'll get told this is cancelled? It's just a matter of time now.

Yeah, there is no way this can go ahead now.

50 minutes ago, jonday81 said:

Cancelled! 

Screenshot_20200513-172218_Facebook.jpg

Well that's the 3rd and final festival I was going to this summer all now cancelled. Summer is officially over already :(

7 minutes ago, atomised said:

Interesting that it refers to cancellation for uk and postponement for at sea 

Could be they are looking at festivals for next year?

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Could be they are looking at festivals for next year?

Would make sense puts us a long way from getting our Knotfest. Or maybe as a cruise they were looking at a different time of year which doesn't fit with open air stuff

Makes me think they weren’t selling that many tickets or they’d have tried to schedule it in surely. Unless there is some sort of festival booking or other plans in the way. The tickets were very pricey. 

9 hours ago, foolee said:

Makes me think they weren’t selling that many tickets or they’d have tried to schedule it in surely. Unless there is some sort of festival booking or other plans in the way. The tickets were very pricey. 

I know many people (including myself) who were waiting it out due to the high ticket price. I think the demand would be there come 2021 although a lot of fans may have likely been apprehensive splashing out £80 on Knotfest after just attending a £60 arena gig. 

I was waiting to get tixs too but for me it was for the line up to be announced first.

22 hours ago, foolee said:

Yeah I was interested but not without knowing the lineup. I also thought the ticket price was way too high.

On 5/14/2020 at 8:47 PM, thewayiam said:

Yeah I was interested but not without knowing the lineup. I also thought the ticket price was way too high.

I don't think they sold many tickets as the line up wasn't announced and they were on a UK tour. So all the people wo wanted to see Slipknot could do so for much less cost. The ticket price for Knotfest only becomes worth it for a lot of people when they know who else is playing.

14 hours ago, HEllraiserMK said:

I don't think they sold many tickets as the line up wasn't announced and they were on a UK tour. So all the people wo wanted to see Slipknot could do so for much less cost. The ticket price for Knotfest only becomes worth it for a lot of people when they know who else is playing.

I'd have thought they would have said who else was playing to have generated ticket sales.

I'm sure this would sell a hell of a lot better if it was rescheduled for next year purely because people won't have just seen them on their arena tour (along with people just wanting to get back to live music). The delay in announcing any of the supporting acts definitely will've hindered ticket sales as I'm sure everybody had the same idea of 'I'll wait to see who else is playing before buying tickets'. Shame if it doesn't still go ahead, but hopefully we'll still get a Knotfest somewhere down the road.

12 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm sure this would sell a hell of a lot better if it was rescheduled for next year purely because people won't have just seen them on their arena tour (along with people just wanting to get back to live music). The delay in announcing any of the supporting acts definitely will've hindered ticket sales as I'm sure everybody had the same idea of 'I'll wait to see who else is playing before buying tickets'. Shame if it doesn't still go ahead, but hopefully we'll still get a Knotfest somewhere down the road.

It would be silly if the one time they try they've messed up the timing. I honestiy can see Download just having them back next year. 

I got an email today from Knotfest, they are trying to do live stream multi-media type thingy.

"TODAY WE ANNOUNCE THAT KNOTFEST.COM HAS BEEN RE-IMAGINED TO CREATE A GLOBAL MULTI-MEDIA HUB FOR NEWS, EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEWS, PERFORMANCES, MERCHANDISE AND MORE. THE SITE WILL BE A FAN-CENTERED PLATFORM, CREATED BY ARTISTS FOR THEIR FANS, DEDICATED TO EXPANDING THE ROCK AND METAL GENRES AND PROVIDING A ONE-STOP DESTINATION SHOWCASING THE VERY BEST THE CULTURE HAS TO OFFER.

KNOTFEST WILL CAPTURE ALL FACETS OF THE CULTURE ACROSS VISUAL, AUDIO AND WRITTEN MEDIA, AND FEATURE SEVERAL EXCLUSIVE NEW CONTENT SERIES. THE HIGHLIGHT OF THIS ARTIST CREATED CONTENT WILL BE THE BRAND NEW AUDIO INTERVIEW SERIES, THE ELECTRIC THEATER HOSTED BY CLOWN, FEATURING DISCOURSE WITH THE WORLD’S MOST INTERESTING PEOPLE. THE FIRST EPISODE IS LIVE NOW AND FEATURES JAMI MORGAN OF CODE ORANGE.

WITH PLENTY MORE EXCITING ADDITIONS STILL TO BE UNVEILED, KNOTFEST.COM LOOKS FORWARD TO AWAKENING YOUR SENSES THROUGH THIS AMAZING CULTURE WE’VE ALL BUILT TOGETHER.

TO CELEBRATE THE LAUNCH IN EXPLOSIVE FASHION AND MARKING WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE KICK-OFF WEEKEND OF THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED KNOTFEST ROADSHOW US TOUR, KNOTFEST WILL BE HOSTING AN EXCLUSIVE KNOTFEST ROADSHOW STREAMING EVENT THIS FRIDAY, MAY 29 AT 6PM ET • 3PM PT • 11PM BST • MIDNIGHT CET FEATURING EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND INTERVIEWS WITH SLIPKNOT (GRASPOP 2019), UNDEROATH (LAS VEGAS 2016 PERFORMING ‘THEY’RE ONLY CHASING SAFETY’) AND CODE ORANGE (‘LAST ONES LEFT: IN FEAR OF THE END’)"

Received my refund from Ticketmaster today if anyone is still waiting. Minus the 'handling fee' of course the thieves! AXS gave me a FULL refund for my BST Pearl Jam tickets, but no not Ticketmaster. I expect to lose the handling fees for my Reading RATM Day tickets too (sigh).