jump

Knotfest 2020

Was hoping for 2 stages - the roadshow bills are usually smaller than the festival proper ones in the US

So are we thinking the line up delay is because:

A ) waiting to announce bands currently touring

B ) waiting to announce bands playing Download

C ) waiting for Download to sell more tickets first

Or a combo of all 3?

Edited by Spiral_Low

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

So are we thinking the line up delay is because:

A ) waiting to announce bands currently touring

B ) waiting to announce bands playing Download

C ) waiting for Download to sell more tickets first

Or a combo of all 3?

Or option D  as far as the organisers are concerned there is no delay. I dont recall a definitive statement saying the line up will be confirmed by such a date 

3 hours ago, atomised said:

Or option D  as far as the organisers are concerned there is no delay. I dont recall a definitive statement saying the line up will be confirmed by such a date 

The promoters are Live Nation. Same as who do Download.....

7 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

The promoters are Live Nation. Same as who do Download.....

They are. But that still doesn't show where they've stated that the line up will be completed by a set date. If they haven't stated that then the delay factually is only in our eyes. We can speculate as to why live nation would choose to hold off the announcement but to claim it as a delay with no date set isnt strictly accurate 

1 hour ago, atomised said:

They are. But that still doesn't show where they've stated that the line up will be completed by a set date. If they haven't stated that then the delay factually is only in our eyes. We can speculate as to why live nation would choose to hold off the announcement but to claim it as a delay with no date set isnt strictly accurate 

Semantics.

i heard from a reliable source early March - like others have said i don't think they ever planned on going earlier than that for an announcement

2 hours ago, H666 said:

i heard from a reliable source early March - like others have said i don't think they ever planned on going earlier than that for an announcement

I meant 'delay' as in they announced the fest but none of the bands. Even if March was the set date its still a delay from the original announcement so they must have a reason, and given its live nation who also do Download that must be a factor. Anyway, be nice to see the Undercard so i can decide if im going!

28 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Would Bloodstock create a problem for the likes of Behemoth and Skindred playing?

It could have an impact I guess

52 minutes ago, 3Dimensions said:

Headlining Bloodstock and apparently a UK festival exclusive. Highly doubt it. 

Shows how little attention I pay to festivals I have no interest in though I did state it could have an impact once someone else pointed out they were playing there.

Many apologies for not having such superior knowledge 

2 hours ago, R Shah said:

Bring Me The Horizon sub?

I’m starting to get on board with this, especially since they are active in Europe in August and they aren’t playing R&L. 

16 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m starting to get on board with this, especially since they are active in Europe in August and they aren’t playing R&L. 

Actually makes sense  cant imagine them.not having a uk summer date 

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

BMTH are way bigger than any act I pictured supporting this, although they’re big fans so I’m sure they’d be down for it if asked.

Would justify the £95 ticket price for sure

6 hours ago, R Shah said:

Bring Me The Horizon sub?

I'd thought it was the obvious sub for a while, I think Papa Roach are a stick on and maybe Skindred too

26 minutes ago, jonday81 said:

Body Count are back. Would be sick to see them at Knotfest! 

They have been active quite a bit for the last few years but even though they are at the Euro feasts they don’t seemed to get that many bookings in the UK.