Jump to content
jump

Knotfest 2020

Recommended Posts

Class in Manchester, were class at Download. Would be a good day but £100! Tbf Ticketmaster charged me that for the Manchester gig, they had a selection of standing they sold for more than the £60 ones which I found out about which was annoying. Scam of a company. Apart from them doing that, I dont mind, them and Behemoth put on a great show and was thoroughly enjoyable except not playing Heretic Anthem and Spit it Out. Will consider going despite the rip off again, very good live band, shame they weren't booked for RandL as part of the festival ticket would have been more affordable. Will be interested to see how its set up, it looks like it will be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2020 at 11:53 PM, atomised said:

I would've guessed 2 stages. The Prodigy had 2 stages and I believe Knotfest normally runs s more than one 

Ah I didnt know that but fair. Did Prodigy have something different though because they did a series of UKF culture stuff?

On 1/16/2020 at 11:57 PM, lukecork said:

I imagine they'll be some UK talent there, Bullet, Architects, Skindred, Asking Alexandria, Venom Prison.

Would like to see Code Orange come over, mastodon, korn, Gojira.

 

FFDP really draw the crowds over here n all.

I think FFDP are a very good shout. Papa Roach I think are nailed on too, I'm not sure Reading will have them back so soon after they've done main stage and the pit in what is for them quite recent times.

20 hours ago, Andre91 said:

It says on the purchase page that 7:00pm is the time of the event. If that’s true, this is a massive, massive rip off. Almost £100 for 3/4 bands tops when they’d have done an arena tour in the same year is cheeky. 

 

19 hours ago, Andre91 said:

It’s since been said that doors are at 4:00pm. Even still, that is quite poor and only leaves room for probably 2/3 bands if Slipknot start at 9pm. 

Slipknot / Five Finger Death Punch / Amon Amarth / Code Orange 

What did you expect?, a venue that usually opens at 4pm to start at 1pm?

It is a massive rip off and I'll be shocked if it sells out at all. They've never sold out a day headlining at Download for less money but their promoter suddenly thinks they can their own band.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

 

What did you expect?, a venue that usually opens at 4pm to start at 1pm?

 

There's not really a usual opening time for the Bowl though as it's not a regular venue, if I remember correctly when Foos played there it was open at 2pm and had 4 support bands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jump said:

There's not really a usual opening time for the Bowl though as it's not a regular venue, if I remember correctly when Foos played there it was open at 2pm and had 4 support bands.

Yes but Slipknot will play for 2hrs max and start at about 9pm whereas Foos play 3hrs usually at their own gigs and will be on by 8pm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Yes but Slipknot will play for 2hrs max and start at about 9pm whereas Foos play 3hrs usually at their own gigs and will be on by 8pm. 

It's not just exclusive to Foos, Ozzfest had 7 bands on the mainstage and a mid-day opening. The Bowl is more like Hyde Park than an established venue where sometime its open at noon and other times it opens in the evening depending on the specific event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can see free tickets being available near the time or really cheap ones. Probably better to hold off. Definitely want to go though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jump said:

There's not really a usual opening time for the Bowl though as it's not a regular venue, if I remember correctly when Foos played there it was open at 2pm and had 4 support bands.

Sounds about right for the 2011 show there - 3 support acts in Biffy, Jimmy Eat World and Hot Rats, think first was on 4pm with Bob Mould doing a DJ set before the first band to keep the early comers entertained. Think it was later door entry and first band for the 2015 shows (not to mention just Iggy Pop and Royal Blood as openers).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Can see free tickets being available near the time or really cheap ones. Probably better to hold off. Definitely want to go though. 

I definitely think they'll be secondary sites where even the fee on top allows people to go cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Class in Manchester, were class at Download. Would be a good day but £100! Tbf Ticketmaster charged me that for the Manchester gig, they had a selection of standing they sold for more than the £60 ones which I found out about which was annoying. Scam of a company. Apart from them doing that, I dont mind, them and Behemoth put on a great show and was thoroughly enjoyable except not playing Heretic Anthem and Spit it Out. Will consider going despite the rip off again, very good live band, shame they weren't booked for RandL as part of the festival ticket would have been more affordable. Will be interested to see how its set up, it looks like it will be great.

Yeah I forget the Ticketmaster deal of re-selling second hand tickets for a vastly inflated price. Its super weird this is a thing that they can do, although I spotted this on Seetickets as well - if not quite to the same degree.

£95 for face value tickets to this is quite something... certainly its more than a Reading day ticket. There's gonna need to be a shit load of stuff to make this work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Ah I didnt know that but fair. Did Prodigy have something different though because they did a series of UKF culture stuff?

I think FFDP are a very good shout. Papa Roach I think are nailed on too, I'm not sure Reading will have them back so soon after they've done main stage and the pit in what is for them quite recent times.

 

What did you expect?, a venue that usually opens at 4pm to start at 1pm?

It is a massive rip off and I'll be shocked if it sells out at all. They've never sold out a day headlining at Download for less money but their promoter suddenly thinks they can their own band.

When Kings of Leon played MK the doors opened at 2pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Yeah I forget the Ticketmaster deal of re-selling second hand tickets for a vastly inflated price. Its super weird this is a thing that they can do, although I spotted this on Seetickets as well - if not quite to the same degree.

£95 for face value tickets to this is quite something... certainly its more than a Reading day ticket. There's gonna need to be a shit load of stuff to make this work.

It's only £30 more than their arena tour was and you get the museum, a completely different atmosphere to most festivals and potentially some decent supporting bands based on the quality of bands on previous years lineups (I know that was the US but can't imagine Slipknot will skimp on the quality of bands). People should give it a chance and see what is announced before judging it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jonday81 said:

It's only £30 more than their arena tour was and you get the museum, a completely different atmosphere to most festivals and potentially some decent supporting bands based on the quality of bands on previous years lineups (I know that was the US but can't imagine Slipknot will skimp on the quality of bands). People should give it a chance and see what is announced before judging it.

Tbf, I imagine that kind of stuff could justify the uplift in the right amounts. I presumed it was an all day event with other stuff attached. Truthfully I've not really seen previous bills but I imagine there'll be a lot of bands, along with this museum idea and some additional arty stuff.

I can imagine there's enough thought put into it. I just got a little surprised at the FV cost, that's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Tbf, I imagine that kind of stuff could justify the uplift in the right amounts. I presumed it was an all day event with other stuff attached. Truthfully I've not really seen previous bills but I imagine there'll be a lot of bands, along with this museum idea and some additional arty stuff.

I can imagine there's enough thought put into it. I just got a little surprised at the FV cost, that's all.

Wasn't having a go dude. I have just seen a lot of people calling it a rip off before anything has even been announced!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonday81 said:

Wasn't having a go dude. I have just seen a lot of people calling it a rip off before anything has even been announced!! 

I imagine there are quite a few with that complaint tbf. My personal instinct is that its high but I spent similar for a day ticket to Mad Cool Festival in 2018, so it is now the going rate. Moaning about the price to big stadium/outdoor gigs or festivals is now more of a general concern beyond one band.

Just gotta wait and see. Any indication how long it'll be before the support programme is revealed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, retromoz said:

Slipknot are turning into a modern day KISS, right?

Nah, KISS would charge £150 on the door and an extra £200 for a photo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

12 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Nah, KISS would charge £150 on the door and an extra £200 for a photo

And then do another 'Farewell' tour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were outstanding in Sheffield last night. If it wasn't the same weekend as ArcTanGent (which I'm super keen for this year), I would be well up for going to this to see them again. I'm predicting: 

Slipknot / Five Finger Death Punch / Amon Amarth / Code Orange / Static-X 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...