jump

Knotfest 2020

16 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

People = Ship

This did even...

Anyway...

Just got my tickets, with a new baby being added to the mix haven't done Download for a few years and really looking forward to this one. Hoping that it is an epic supporting lineup especially given that it is pricier than a DL day ticket (last year at least) so would expect a comparable day offering... Are we thinking more than one stage? Is that even possible at MK? I've only ever been to one gig there so not that familiar with it...

On 1/15/2020 at 10:51 PM, gard said:

Anyway...

Just got my tickets, with a new baby being added to the mix haven't done Download for a few years and really looking forward to this one. Hoping that it is an epic supporting lineup especially given that it is pricier than a DL day ticket (last year at least) so would expect a comparable day offering... Are we thinking more than one stage? Is that even possible at MK? I've only ever been to one gig there so not that familiar with it...

Only one stage I reckon with 3 supports. It's just a massively expensive gig.

On 12/11/2019 at 9:29 PM, gabrielomachado said:

looking forward to do this, mainly because download lineup isn't good for me

little prediction with bands that are around at the time: Evanescence / Mastodon / Amon Amarth / Static-X / As I Lay Dying / FEVER 333 / Darkest Hour

As i lay dying not getting into the UK anytime soon

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Only one stage I reckon with 3 supports. It's just a massively expensive gig.

I would've guessed 2 stages. The Prodigy had 2 stages and I believe Knotfest normally runs s more than one 

I imagine they'll be some UK talent there, Bullet, Architects, Skindred, Asking Alexandria, Venom Prison.

Would like to see Code Orange come over, mastodon, korn, Gojira.

FFDP really draw the crowds over here n all.

1 minute ago, gabrielomachado said:

they are playing europe including festivals like Wacken

Oh yeah Europe they seem to be able to gain access to, but Tim won't get in the UK anytime soon, probably never again.

Just now, lukecork said:

Oh yeah Europe they seem to be able to gain access to, but Tim won't get in the UK anytime soon, probably never again.

just saw they didn't played uk since their return, you're right. they will not play knotfest or download

2 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

just saw they didn't played uk since their return, you're right. they will not play knotfest or download

If you read up on Tim Lambesis, it'll explain all.

Just now, lukecork said:

If you read up on Tim Lambesis, it'll explain all.

i was a As I Lay Dying fan on high school, i know what he did. but since they are playing Wacken i imagined they could play Knotfest as well. but yes, no UK for As I Lay Dying anymore

It says on the purchase page that 7:00pm is the time of the event. If that’s true, this is a massive, massive rip off. Almost £100 for 3/4 bands tops when they’d have done an arena tour in the same year is cheeky. 

Just now, Andre91 said:

It says on the purchase page that 7:00pm is the time of the event. If that’s true, this is a massive, massive rip off. Almost £100 for 3/4 bands tops when they’d have done an arena tour in the same year is cheeky. 

i'm hoping for Knotfest as a alternative for Download, hope this is wrong

39 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

reading this kinda sucks... hope its a mistake or a template time until they confirm all the bands...

It’s since been said that doors are at 4:00pm. Even still, that is quite poor and only leaves room for probably 2/3 bands if Slipknot start at 9pm. 

Slipknot / Five Finger Death Punch / Amon Amarth / Code Orange 

Edited by Andre91

14 hours ago, Andre91 said:

It’s since been said that doors are at 4:00pm. Even still, that is quite poor and only leaves room for probably 2/3 bands if Slipknot start at 9pm. 

Slipknot / Five Finger Death Punch / Amon Amarth / Code Orange 

Surely they'd have a british band on the bill? Also why do we get the watered down version of festivals, our download always seems to be weaker and now we're getting a dressed up gig in reality for what is usually what? a day long line up ? or does it run across two days in some places?

37 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Surely they'd have a british band on the bill? Also why do we get the watered down version of festivals, our download always seems to be weaker and now we're getting a dressed up gig in reality for what is usually what? a day long line up ? or does it run across two days in some places?

because we are all sheep!!! We bitch and moan about this, yet still hawk out the honk for a lesser line up!

(I include me in this analogy)

11 minutes ago, retromoz said:

because we are all sheep!!! We bitch and moan about this, yet still hawk out the honk for a lesser line up!

(I include me in this analogy)

True that haha, although I have got better. Not been Download for a few years now due to recycled line ups and not paying for anything new. Line ups are never massively different but the prices keeps going up. I'd rather go a festival abroad for 4 days for £140 and pay the extra on flights and accom (not camping, plus quite cheap if you're in a group).

• Like 1

I'm hoping that the 4pm time is just a place holder as I've seen Seetickets use that before otherwise that's shit.