Sam Fender, ill again

anditmakesmesmile

1 hour ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

Because Sam Fender cancelled his Glastonbury show at the last minute, I bought tickets for his Brixton Academy show tonight. Jeez, either I’m unlucky or he is - he’s cancelled again. The email from Ticketmaster was sent at 17:20. 

dont be of fender ed  :) we all get ill sometimes 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, willd255 said:

Clearly being overworked, feel sorry for the guy. Watch his Instagram video he’s gutted 

Yes, fair enough. I do, now, feel really sorry for him. He should tweet a link to that. His management should. You can see how upset he is. But the official announcements are lacking in any real information. Or humanity. 

Edited by anditmakesmesmile
Missed a word

Never known any other musician to cancel so many shows. Gutted as I was meant to see him in Cardiff Friday but seems to have cancelled the rest of the tour. That would have been the fourth time I've tried to see him now and he's cancelled. Health comes first though and hope he gets better.

I'm just annoyed as I have tickets for his tour in March but it's in an arena which will be fucking shite like every other arena gig. The popularity he's got recently I was really looking forward to seeing him for probably the last time in a small-ish venue. Would he really reschedule this tour so close to his March tour which covers a lot of the same cities? Would seem pointless.

I saw him in 2016 in a room with about six other people and he’d just recovered from a pretty serious condition which he never brings up as an excuse or talks about when asked in interviews. His management and doctors will have to be extra cautious whenever he’s slightly ill. I had tickets for Dublin on Monday and I’m obviously gutted but hey everyone gets sick and it’s Christmas so let’s not be dicks about it. I hope he gets to play the farm this year because he really does deserve it. 

I got last minute resale tickets for his gig on Brixton on Tuesday so was lucky enough to catch him just before he cancelled (I too have tickets for March but much prefer to see him at Brixton)

I totally agree that he seems overworked, and as @AmazingAbby said he has had a previous serious illness (and also had hemorrhaged his vocal chords just before Glasto) so has to be cautious

He seems genuinley gutted. I'm sure we'll all see him on the farm!

Edited by ledwards

Feel bad for him. Seen him twice and he's great. Maybe they should book shows as one on one off in future.

Also feel bad for the people with tickets. I remember years ago travelling to Nottingham for Pretty Girls Make Graves only to get there and find a note on the door of the Rescue Rooms saying illness in the band had forced them to cancel. I was stuck there for hours haha.

Was a shame he cancelled Glasto this year. I caught him before Kings of leon in Liverpool in the summer though and he was great. Nice Oasis morning glory cover to end his set.

The lad hasn't stopped touring for about 2 years by all accounts... he may just be burning himself out. Or he may have medical problems we dont know about. 

35 minutes ago, Havors said:

Was a shame he cancelled Glasto this year. I caught him before Kings of leon in Liverpool in the summer though and he was great. Nice Oasis morning glory cover to end his set.

The lad hasn't stopped touring for about 2 years by all accounts... he may just be burning himself out. Or he may have medical problems we dont know about. 

I've seen a number of times with Sam Fender people mention how good his live covers are more than his own music. 

He did Dancing in the Dark on Tuesday - got the best response of the night from the crowd by some way. 

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

I've seen a number of times with Sam Fender people mention how good his live covers are more than his own music. 

He did Dancing in the Dark on Tuesday - got the best response of the night from the crowd by some way. 

It's not just him. When any band or artist covers a big/well known songs always go down well...  especially when its a new artist and the material is new or they only have the one album worth of their own songs. 

Killers always do a cover and its always a hit with the crowd. 

8 minutes ago, Havors said:

It's not just him. When any band or artist covers a big/well known songs always go down well...  especially when its a new artist and the material is new or they only have the one album worth of their own songs. 

Killers always do a cover and its always a hit with the crowd. 

True to an extent - but the cover never goes off as much as say 'Mr Brightside' or 'All These Things That I've Done'.

Not sure I'd bother if I was him for the sake of 1 extra song. A bloke in the toilet queue after said "that was great, there is a reason why they call him The Boss". Seems a shame for Sam Fender that this is a lot of peoples lasting impression looking back after the gig.