Electric Picnic 2020

pothead pixie

Well the lineup won't be out till March but in a recent press statement Melvin Benn has said that capacity is being increased to 70,000 and that some areas are changing, sadly Body&Soul after a tenure of 16 years with Electric Picnic won't be at the 2020 edition, I think personally they opted out because of the capacity increase after the crushes that occurred last year during the King Kong Company gig at the Body&Soul main stage on Sunday night.  The area replacing Body&Soul is called Mind&Body, don't be surprised to see former Body&Soul staff working there as what else will they be doing at the end of August and starting of September.  

https://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/arts-culture-entertainment/500353/electric-picnic-set-to-lose-one-of-its-founding-partners-and-big-attractions.html?fbclid=IwAR2IjkQ7hw5zENMmjZgI7V3II1SfS5rm_HANhGYrjS6o4l9Eq_YUtsLzuos&refresh_ce

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/electric-picnic-capacity-to-be-expanded-to-70-000-next-year-1.4107084 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First announcement due on Wednesday . Who do we reckon will be on the poster aside from RATM?

I’ll go with Liam Gallagher, Miley Cyrus, Supergrass, Lizzo, Dua Lipa, FKA Twigs, Lewis Capaldi, The Libertines, Richard Hawley, Nada Surf, Dave, Brian Wilson, The Beat, The Undertones, Two Door Cinema Club, Idles, Manic Street Preachers.

Edited by Shanndy

On 3/8/2020 at 12:02 PM, Shanndy said:

First announcement due on Wednesday . Who do we reckon will be on the poster aside from RATM?

I’ll go with Liam Gallagher, Miley Cyrus, Supergrass, Lizzo, Dua Lipa, FKA Twigs, Lewis Capaldi, The Libertines, Richard Hawley, Nada Surf, Dave, Brian Wilson, The Beat, The Undertones, Two Door Cinema Club, Idles, Manic Street Preachers.

Ooh, close! 🙂

On 3/11/2020 at 12:43 PM, RUMINE said:

1352455936_Screenshot2020-03-11at12_43_15.thumb.png.5c2303796be68db18fbb3a6007a97f5b.png

My take on this is they’ve probably got a few big international acts booked but are holding off announcing them for now because of the current Coronavirus. Obviously RATM and RTJ are on the poster as they already announced.

As the situation evolves the international acts will either cancel and therefore not be announced and be replaced with Irish or UK acts, or be announced if the situation improves to a point where the acts feel safe enough to play.

• 10 months later...
On 1/19/2021 at 5:04 PM, Shanndy said:

I guess there’s more chance of it going ahead than most festivals this year, and Melvyn Benn reckons it will be on (but then again he said that last year!).

Lineup is usually announced mid to late March and the remaining tickets go on sale around the same time

Foals still don't have any Irish dates, so I'm hoping this is where they are likely to show up this year. I can't see Rage coming back unfortunately (they aren't playing any dates this year), Picture This and Lewis Capaldi are at Malahide I notice. What's usually the deal with Malahide dates and EP?

On 1/22/2021 at 2:40 PM, reflekting said:

Foals still don't have any Irish dates, so I'm hoping this is where they are likely to show up this year. I can't see Rage coming back unfortunately (they aren't playing any dates this year), Picture This and Lewis Capaldi are at Malahide I notice. What's usually the deal with Malahide dates and EP?

Think the organisers said they’d completely binned off the 2020 lineup and were starting again from scratch. Usually another summer Irish date for an artist means they don’t also play EP. However, I reckon we’ll see a lot more Irish and UK acts this year than usual so who knows, there may be some doubling up.