Booking a Train to Glasto

Suprefan

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I'm sure its probably a bit too early for this, but when does booking open up for the dates to take the train to the festival? Right now its up til mid May, so just wondering if there will be an announcement as to then its available, or just being on the gwr email list will suffice? Thanks!

It depends on what train network you're using but you can book trains on   GWR for 6 months in advance so you'll be able to book your train in about a months time.  

I doubt there'll be a special announcement for it so just set an alarm on your calendar! 

7 hours ago, Kinkyinuit said:

It depends on what train network you're using but you can book trains on   GWR for 6 months in advance so you'll be able to book your train in about a months time.  

I doubt there'll be a special announcement for it so just set an alarm on your calendar! 

Cheers, thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you log on to the Trainline you can usually set an alert. GWR is *usually* 12 weeks before for cheapy tickets, but it can be more or less, so set an alert up and they'll email you.

Don't forget split ticketing can save you money too depending on where you come from. I did Oxford > Reading, Reading > Westbury and Westbury > Castle Cary last time as separate tickets and it saved me nearly £25...

Edited by pie_and_a_pint