Lollapalooza Stockholm

DDave

19 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Kendrick, Kacey Musgraves, IDLES and...?

Pearl Jam, to start with. Paak is a huge act, too. Than you have Of Monsters and Men and Nina Kraviz, who have really nice live. And then... well... and then you have Post Malone, so I guess we have 7 over-decent acts over three days lmao

Anyone been to this before? Really like the look of the Saturday and have a couple of friends studying in Stockholm but the day after the Green Day show in London so would be a quick turnaround and unfortunately have to mean a flight. Whats the general organisation and feel of the festival like?

49 minutes ago, Boba73 said:

The Saturday looks pretty bloody good to me. Anyone know how it would work with PJ and the Killers? Would they clash or would it be organized so you could see both in full?

They will not clash. Last year there was two main stages. https://clashfinder.com/s/lollastockholm/

I saw the Killers right before Gorillaz in Lollapalooza Paris last year. The Killers ended until sunset and Gorillaz played for 100 minutes or so. This time they will give the Killers 90 mins and Pearl Jam 120 mins probably

2 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

They will not clash. Last year there was two main stages. https://clashfinder.com/s/lollastockholm/

I saw the Killers right before Gorillaz in Lollapalooza Paris last year. The Killers ended until sunset and Gorillaz played for 100 minutes or so. This time they will give the Killers 90 mins and Pearl Jam 120 mins probably

Cool. Then I think I'm in for this one!

Anyone able to advise what the chance of being able to see Pearl Jam, Killers, Anderson Paak, Idles and Jimmy Eat World all on the Saturday would be? Not sure how stage splits are likely to work and who is likely to get which slot to work out likely clashes.

On 12/6/2019 at 11:40 PM, BlackFoxx said:

Anyone able to advise what the chance of being able to see Pearl Jam, Killers, Anderson Paak, Idles and Jimmy Eat World all on the Saturday would be? Not sure how stage splits are likely to work and who is likely to get which slot to work out likely clashes.

pearl jam, the killer, and anderson paak will all be at two main stages so they will be back to back. only djs will clash with pearl jam since tower stage only clashes with perry's. also if the order is paak-the killers-pearl jam, paak will only clash with djs as well.

I am not sure if Idles and Jimmy Eat World will be on the park stage or the bay stage. If they are at the bay stage, one of them can have a chance to clash with the killers if they play 9 pm.

You can check last years clashfinder https://clashfinder.com/s/lollastockholm/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2019 at 9:35 AM, birchtree29 said:

Tbf I think The Killers would've been longer at Lolla Paris had Nekfeu not over-run. Though we wouldn't have had that superb Battle of the Bands moment had they not done so.

Edited by charlierc

Lollapalooza Stockholm has already confirmed that more acts will be added, should be coming soon. I was there last year and just by looking at the number of slots there should be some 7-8 acts (pop/rock/hip-hop) added on Friday and Sunday, also another 7-8 DJ:s. Strokes is not impossible as a headliner on Sunday, even though they are playing on Saturday in France. There are three headliners on Friday and Saturday (1st/2nd tier), but only two on Sunday - Friday: Post Malone, Ellie Goulding, Zara Larsson; Saturday: Pearl Jam, The Killers, Anderson .Paak; Sunday: Kendrick Lamar, Camila Cabello. Looking at the artists/genres, it should be rock so The Strokes could be a possibility. However, I'd rather see Cage the Elephant and The Struts.

On 12/6/2019 at 1:10 PM, mackinley said:

The saturday looks good. Anyone knows if there are any "golden circle" rubbish or similar?

No golden circles in 2019. The stages have the "catwalks" dividing the crowd, one elevated and the other two at ground level - see attached from Frank Carter. Worked great for me, let's see how 2020 will turn out.

20190629_135316.jpg