Best of 2019: spotify edition!

MetaKate

2 hours ago, Quark said:

I'm currently trying to convince Mrs Q that it's worth investing a few extra quid in a family subscription to Deezer so that we have separate profiles. 

I got my Deezer version of this the other day; apparently my favourite band is Bring Me The Horizon (it isn't), my top 5 tracks are all by Bring Me The Horizon (they aren't); and my top album is amo by Bring Me The Horizon (nope).

No wonder my recommendations aren't always quite on point! :lol:

Haha.  My Spotify is all over the place because I let it be used on my laptop and Alexa for the duration of our group villa holiday.

Will not make this mistake again!

3 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

You are in for a treat.  Did you manage the catch them at all this year?

Not as much as I meant to. I caught most of their set at Beautiful Days last year and a bit of their Avalon set this year, but not been to one of their own gigs before.

Was in two minds about it as I've got another one tomorrow night, but just feel like I could do with a good old dance tonight and I've got tomorrow off so I can have a bit of extra kip :D

Just now, Quark said:

Not as much as I meant to. I caught most of their set at Beautiful Days last year and a bit of their Avalon set this year, but not been to one of their own gigs before.

Was in two minds about it as I've got another one tomorrow night, but just feel like I could do with a good old dance tonight and I've got tomorrow off so I can have a bit of extra kip :D

I only managed to catch their Hell set, which was all kinds of bouncy.  

With a day off on Friday, it'd be rude not to go tonight.  Have a dance and a drink for me!

The Strokes were my number one of the year, decade and filled all ten of my top ten songs this year. I only started listening to them around this time last year. 310 hours.

image.thumb.png.4b8b8aed90fa19f4c1a075c54b9cc952.png36 countries and genre fluid: modern rock, pop, rock, rap and new rave

I also got this ABBA page which was quite funny wasn't expecting to see that!

image.thumb.png.157714c69ca1b2cff0db6b3ebf943a99.png

Was seriously close to 100k minutes too

image.thumb.png.2234d6cbe04cef5d21f1992b5a8f3f82.png

Ignore this page :D my music taste has improved dramatically  over the past few years haha

image.thumb.png.1dbc5d261f3e57a2174ef151a66a6fff.png

and my decade lists:

image.png.0acb0066f22937440ed56bed8bb7a190.png

50 minutes ago, northernringo said:

The playlist they create of your 100 most played songs in 2019 is pretty cool to scroll through! I'd like to be able to see how many times I played the song though.

Top 11 are all Beatles songs and then surprisingly The Lake Poets is in at 12

Not sure how accurate that list is tbh (or I apparently left my phone playing some songs on repeat?) Will be interesting to compare with Last.fm at the end of the year