Best of 2019: spotify edition!

MetaKate

I'm currently trying to convince Mrs Q that it's worth investing a few extra quid in a family subscription to Deezer so that we have separate profiles. 

I got my Deezer version of this the other day; apparently my favourite band is Bring Me The Horizon (it isn't), my top 5 tracks are all by Bring Me The Horizon (they aren't); and my top album is amo by Bring Me The Horizon (nope).

No wonder my recommendations aren't always quite on point! :lol:

Edited by Quark

Party in my bed this morning! Love it.

Screenshot_20191205-084946_Spotify.jpg

For any Bristol people, Imperial Leisure are playing at the Exchange on Saturday, supported by Monkey Bizzle. It'll be their last ever gig ? (that's a bit of a lie, the last last gig is in London on the 20th) 

Edited by Curlygirl

26 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Shazza Van E all that's standing between a clean sweep for The National 

Whilst for me The National are all that's standing between a clean sweep for The Chems! 

Will have seen both three times each this year so guess that makes sense... 

4 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

You've got a great upwards trajectory on minutes listened! 

Honestly I was quite staggered by that myself but I think it's due to two things

1) getting an amazon echo which I use to listen to music whilst playing video games

2) finally getting in to podcasts..

Still quite a step up though!

Edited by WestCountryGirl

Love spotify wrapped - highlight of my year lol. Liking the added "best of decade" element this year - nice to be reminded that my favourite band in 2011 was Less Than Jake - no regrets! 

I think they should introduce some sort of algorithm so that it isn't skewed so heavily towards songs from the start of the year. If you've listened to it 10 times but it only came out in November, then surely it should feature higher than a song you've listed to 20 times since January right?

Artist of the decade: Bjork

Artist of 2019: Big Thief (24 hours)

Geography: Listened to artists from 48 countries

Spotify.PNG

sptofy 4.png

Spotify 2.PNG

Edited by lessthanwill1

Ignoring the wife's hijacking of my account, my top 3  artists were Rolling Blackouts, Levellers and Olafur Arnalds. Makes more sense :D

I thikn it's because I bounce around so much between stuff that very little ends up as a clear winner.  I listen to as much new stuff as a I can, but definitely return to the same playlists and albums when working / concentrating, running or dozing on the train.