Arriving at Bristol

Corredera55

22 minutes ago, Corredera55 said:

Seeing if anyone will have or has had a similar issue in the past. 

I'll be arriving in Bristol airport, with the view of getting some booze before heading to Glastonbury. Is my best bet going into Bristol town centre then getting a bus from there with said cargo?

if you were arriving from foreign climes and had the capability of purchasing duty free goods, you would be golden.... although must be decanted into non-glass bottles of course...

Spirit in the Sky

Depends on your route to the festival.  You could get a bus into Bristol, bus to Glastonbury town, then shuttle from there.  There's a Tesco Direct near the Bristol Bus station, which will have limited choice, or a Morrisons near<10 mins walk from the Glastonbury Town bus stop, which will have loads of choice, including horrific own brand bargain cider.

Me, I'd hire a car.  More expensive, but less hanging about, no need to manhandle your bags on and off buses, you can load it fully with beers and snacks, and not have to worry about carrying them all at once when you get to the festival.

There's a shuttle bus which goes from the festival site to Shepton Mallet, which stops just outside a big Tesco. Could be ideal if you're arriving on the Wed/Thurs, from memory it departs/arrives every hour. Might be easier than carting everything to the festival at once if you're going by bus.